BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

problem using Cinema 4D 10/11 add-on for ArchiCAD 12

Mario Sacco
Expert
When I send my volumes from Archicad to cinema, everything is ok. When I come back to Archicad I see in my volume all the triangulate sides like in the picture. It is the same in cinema 10 and 11. It didn't happen in archicad 11 and old add on.

Everything in cinema is set correctly (smooth etc.). I repeat: the same operation works properly in archicad 11 and old addon hidding the sides properly.

Mario

aa.jpg
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous
Not applicable
V good tutorial but would love some audio
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I know its an old topic but i am having the same problems here. And i use AC13 and C4D 11.5. THe Exchange plugin triangulates the models wich is a shame. On the opposite, the 3DS import plugin has the "force smooth" options and it works great but does`nt have the cutplane sensitivity. What can we do to have the best from those 2 plugins?
Did anybody wrote to Graphisoft about the future realse of the C4D exchange plugin? I am sure this improvement is very easy to do.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Coty82 wrote:
Hello, I know its an old topic but i am having the same problems here. And i use AC13 and C4D 11.5. THe Exchange plugin triangulates the models wich is a shame. On the opposite, the 3DS import plugin has the "force smooth" options and it works great but does`nt have the cutplane sensitivity. What can we do to have the best from those 2 plugins?
Did anybody wrote to Graphisoft about the future realse of the C4D exchange plugin? I am sure this improvement is very easy to do.

Graphisoft guys are too lazy to write working plugin.

You can use 3ds for cross-section and obj from c4d plugin for floor- cut plane (next explode geometry to lines and MANUALY (DAMNNNN this can be painful) earse the triangulation)

The other solution is switch to Rhino! curently on Mac is open via invitations WIP wersion ---> which has beautiful working commnad MAKE2d

KissXOXO
Anonymous
Not applicable
mikoaj wrote:

You can use 3ds for cross-section and obj from c4d plugin for floor- cut plane (next explode geometry to lines and MANUALY (DAMNNNN this can be painful) earse the triangulation)

The other solution is switch to Rhino! curently on Mac is open via invitations WIP wersion ---> which has beautiful working commnad MAKE2d

KissXOXO
Thanks Mikoaj for your advice. Can you be more specific? I have imported an organic model with 3ds in plugin and in cross-section the fill cut surfaces doesn`t work. Only the cutlines are detectable.
And about the obj method : How can Archicad import obj files and how can i explode them ?
Thanks again !
mesh_cross_section_2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. Any news about the new cinema 4d plugin for AC 14?
Did they solve the faceted surface problem?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can download it from here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/cinema_4d/cinema4d_download.html

This is for version 11/11.5, I think version 12 Add-On does not exist yet since Cinema 4D 12 has just been released a few weeks ago.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any idea of a release date for the Cinema 4D 12 version of the add-on (AC13 & 14)?

Many thanks in advance,

J
Learn and get certified!