BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Bi-Folding windows in AC22? Where are they?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I've posted this a few times....no answers.
The client is looking to install a bi-folding window...yet I only find a "bi-folding door object".....where can I find a bi-folding window object in AC22's library?

thanks,
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
23 REPLIES 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
Wonderful...more customization to a window object that "should" be part of the stock AC22 window libraries.....a bi-folding window......it's a typical windows used EVERYWHERE in the world.....yet no stock object for it.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Lingwisyer
Guru
It is an odd one, as they have the Bifold Door which would be scripted almost identically.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
rob2218
Enthusiast
it may be an "odd" window but....here in SoCal....its used tremendously for indoor/outdoor kitchen to patio use, so, not that odd here.

I just wish Graphisoft would rehire "architects" to program their software rather than kids who've never had any experience in the field of construction/architecture. Sometimes, being in the "trenches" for decades adds so much more than being able to program objects.....but alas.

No biggy, maybe when GS comes out with release 30.....they'll include a stock "bi-fold window" object.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any news on this? We use bi-fold windows in our projects regularly as well. Having to use the bi-fold door just adds extra steps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do yourself a favor and rent for one month cad image tools (around 30 dollars). It has all the windows you need.
Barry Kelly
jocontreras wrote:
Do yourself a favor and rent for one month cad image tools (around 30 dollars). It has all the windows you need.

Or just get a free trial to test them.
But just remember, if you are not paying the monthly/yearly subscription after your trial period, you will be able to see placed instances of their objects, but you won't be able to modify them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rob2218
Enthusiast
jocontreras wrote:
CadImages Plug-ins cost $30.....PER MONTH? Wow...thats pricey. $360/year.....that's half the cost of full blown Archicad software.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
rob2218 wrote:
... $360/year.....that's half the cost of full blown Archicad software.
Uh, no. Fact check. It is less than half the cost of a one year maintenance subscription renewal on an existing license which costs more than 12x that to start.

If fully apples to apples - comparing monthly license fees.... ARCHICAD USA is $280/month or $ 2,250/year for full subscription/rental vs purchase. So, over 9x more on a rental basis.
https://graphisoft.com/us/subscription-license-pricing
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
Half the cost of my “Archicad Subscription” software rental of Archicad.....that’s what I meant
to type.
I know a full-blown AC cost Bucco pesos......but the subscription program is around $800/year.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Or look at a $30/mo. price tag, if you're billing $90/hour, it's 1/3 of an hour (i.e. 20 min. of billable time) per month. You've probably already spent that much time on this thread just griping about it.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Learn and get certified!