Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to create walls with lower half rick veneer?

4hotshoes
Advisor
I have a house with full height brick veneer and walls where the brick extends up only 36" with a stone cap and the rest of the wall has siding above. Then I have a window that cuts into both the brick and the siding. What is a good way to create and manage that? What options are there for creating the wall with a window?

Thanks,

Todd
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
All pretty easy to do using complex profiles. If you haven't used profiles before, this video may be a good introduction, even though it is for a commercial project:

https://youtu.be/2gCY7vODRjU

See also:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-21/archicad-21-reference-guide/user-interface-refe...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dontknow
Enthusiast
I've got this video of a composite wall made in the profile manager, with on the outside two different materials.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Karl Ottenstein
Dontknow wrote:
I've got this video of a composite wall made in the profile manager, with on the outside two different materials.
Can you post the video in a universal video format? WMV files are pretty much only Windows ... or require an obsolete 3rd party add-on for Macs. (Original poster is on a Mac.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dontknow
Enthusiast
Karl wrote:
Can you post the video in a universal video format? WMV files are pretty much only Windows ... or require an obsolete 3rd party add-on for Macs. (Original poster is on a Mac.)
MP4?
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
4hotshoes wrote:
I have a house with full height brick veneer and walls where the brick extends up only 36" with a stone cap and the rest of the wall has siding above. Then I have a window that cuts into both the brick and the siding. What is a good way to create and manage that? What options are there for creating the wall with a window?

Thanks,

Todd
Model the wainscot and stone cap as seperate walls. Make the one under the window shorter or perhaps use an empty opening in that wall where you have the window in the other wall.
Something like this?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25