BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window object flexibility

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I need to create a window with a total of 4 panels, two above and two below, with the ones on top openable and the ones below fixed.

I am attaching a drawing of what I want to achieve. I need it to be a single object because I need to generate schedules to be provided to the window maker for a quote.

Is it possible with the Archicad default tools or do I need to buy Cadimage plugin?
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Should be possible with standard library, but I am not 100% sure your library will be the same as the Dutch localisation.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have a suggestion about which object to use? I have been all around the standard library without finding anything of use.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
In Dutch library I can set this up with double window and define a bottom or top part to be added. All the glazing/windows can be set up individually after that.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are right. Thank you pal. really saved me!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wrong, with this solution I get the two openable panels resting onto each other when closed, while I need to have a piece of vertical frame between the two openings for them to rest on in order to cover a piece of wall.

Basically I need to be able to widen the top panels as I did the bottom ones in the attached figure.
Learn and get certified!