BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

color fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Since one month I've changed my archiCAD 16 for archiCAD 17.
But now I'm having a hard time with the buildingmaterials.

I have a composite material of 3 skins. When I go to my plan this composite, a wall, is in black lines and transparent background. But I want my middle skin in a light yellow. So I thought that I could change the color in de Building Materials but this doens't seem to make any difference.

Does somebody know what I do wrong, maybe I have to (un)check something...?

Thanks for any tips!

Greetings from Belgium,
Charlotte
5 REPLIES 5
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Charlotte wrote:
Does somebody know what I do wrong, maybe I have to (un)check something...?

Thanks for any tips!

Greetings from Belgium,
Charlotte
Hi Charlotte,

Try:
- Temporarily turning off the Trace/Reference
- Opening Model View Options (under Document menu) and checking your Override Fill Display settings
- Check that Renovation override filters are also not currently in use (under Document menu also)

I see that you still have legacy mode on also (the warning icon next to the surfaces), whilst this doesn't make a difference to your cut floor plan display, you will not using the new the priority based connections in AC17. Go to Project Preferences > Construction Elements, and uncheck the legacy intersection method checkbox. But it is best to review your model after you uncheck it (the help guide will give you some advice on changes or the small info popup next to the switch gives you a brief overview of the differences).

James.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi James,

first of all thanks for your reply!
Unfortunately it has not the effect I was hoping for. I've checked 'Override Cut Fills' but now everyting is or white or the collor of the forground. I don't have any different hatches anymore. Just flat colors.

It's very curious because of my 3 skins in that composite I can change the color of one skin (25%) but the other skins do not respons on colorchangings... Any idea what it could be.

Thx voor the tip on legacy intersection. I was searching for that issue to

Greetz
Charlotte
Schermafbeelding 2013-10-15 om 14.53.41.png
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Charlotte:

In addition to James' suggestions, check in the Wall Settings > Floor Plan and Section > Cut Surfaces is set to None (no override).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Alright!
thx David and James.
That was the TIP I was searching for 😉 problem solved!

greetz
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Charlotte wrote:
Unfortunately it has not the effect I was hoping for. I've checked 'Override Cut Fills' but now everyting is or white or the collor of the forground. I don't have any different hatches anymore. Just flat colors.
I'm glad David solved it

When I said check, I meant review meaning of check not check as in push the checkbox sorry for the confusion.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Learn and get certified!