Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3D view placed on layout is blank

canvea
Booster
Hi,
I have a problem with 3d views showing up as white/blank when placed on a layout. I have tried Fit frame to Drawing, Full Precision Preview etc and they are on Auto-update. If I right-click and pick "Open source view" it looks just as it should in the 3D window. They also appear blank when I publish, which is a big problem. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance for any response!

Archicad 23, Windows 10 Pro, graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro P4000
AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000
40 REPLIES 40
zoli79
Booster

Still an issue in AC26, just sayin'... (Transferring our company template from Archicad 23 to 26 when I encountered this. Great.)

macOS 16, ArchiCAD 27 (USA)
first ArchiCAD: 6.5
Tibi96
Newcomer

Nothing helped me, except open each 3D view > right click on the current view in the navigator > "Get Current Window's Settings". This way every 3D view is kinda updated.

I know its a pain in the butt (i had around 30 3D view in my project), but i can't see any other solution (yet)

This bug just happened to me on M1 Max Macbook Pro running Archicad 26 for Apple Silicone.  3d View on the cover sheet of the drawings set is just showing white on the layout.  It's there when  open the window.  I place a fresh copy of the 3d view on the coversheeet.. that one also just showed as blank white.

Same here on "normal Mac". Looks like a new bug after installing hotfix 3. Did you also install hotfix 3? 

Martijn Verbeek
Architect / Owner MAD - modeling | architecture | data
www.mad.nl
4dProof
Advisor

restarting your computer usually clears this up...
stupid tech tip "turn it off and back on again" actually works in this instance

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

no it's a serious persistent bug since hotfix 3, turning it on and off doesn't fix it.

Martijn Verbeek
Architect / Owner MAD - modeling | architecture | data
www.mad.nl
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

24 May 2023

Can confirm, this happened on a colleague's PC just then.

solo PLN file, Windows 10, AC 25.

have advised her of the 3D document method.

tried to replicate it on my PC on a different file (teamwork), but the bug doesn't appear & the saved 3D View places OK in the layout.

#ForeverBug

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Ben-Abo
Contributor

HI All,

I also had this problem, then the weirdest thing happened:

-3D view is blank, I restarted the computer, cleared cache, sacrificed goats, nothing impressed my ArchiCAD

-I open the drawing manager, and find the drawing

-status = needs to be checked

-I double click on it, then I update it

-voila

I don't really understand  why this worked, but I'm glad. I use AC26, the drawing was on archicad layer, full precision, original colours, etc.

hope it might help others 😉

I am having the same issue in ArchiCAD 25 teamwork. I did not know what was the issue.

For now the only solution that I found is to remove the background of the 3D instead to be white (255, 255, 255), I changed to (254, 254, 254), and this solve my problem. Know I have all the 3D views in the layouts.

Restarting Windows Explorer fixed it for me too!

AC user since 2004 (Version 9)
LENOVO/ LEGION PRO 5/ 13th Gen Intel(R) CoM) i7-13700HX 2.10 GHz/ RAM 32,0 GB/ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU/ Windows 11