BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Drawing Title

krab-El
Booster

Hello everyone
I have a tricky issue to solve :
I placed one drawing in the layout and I want to show two different scales in the same drawing title. The reason why I do it this way is that sometimes I need to print the layout using different sizes ( A1 size: 1/100, A3 size: 1/200).  Could someone help me to solve this issue? 
Thanks for reading.

Screenshot 2023-09-27 111936.png

4 REPLIES 4
AllanP
Advocate

Coding of the title would do it,

if the variable "ac_drawingScale" is in the title, that gets auto populated by the program as text i.e. 1:50

if ac_drawingScale # "" then

!ac_drawingScale has been auto populated
   ax=split(ac_drawingScale,"%n:%n",aax,aay,aaz)    

!ac_drawingScale gets split into aax = 1, aay = ":" aaz = scale, i.e. aaz = 50 as anumber

if VARTYPE(aaz) = 1 then    

!CHECKS IF aaz is a number variable type

text2 0,0,"A1: SCALE=1:"+STR(aaz,1,0)+"-----A3: SCALE=1:"+STR(aaz*2,1,0)    

!STR(aaz,1,0) turns number back to text to combine with other text, i.e. "50"

!STR(aaz*2,1,0) doubles the number and turns number back to text to combine with other text, i.e. "100"

!output text  A1: SCALE=1:Scale-----A3: SCALE=1:doubleScale

!i.e.  A1: SCALE=1:50-----A3: SCALE=1:100

endif

endif

I have been using ArchiCAD continually since ArchiCAD 4.5, 4.5.5, 5, 5.1, 6, 6.5, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25, now testing 27
Member of Architalk since 2003, but missed the migration to Graphisoft.
(where have all my original posts gone?)

Thanks for your answer. But I am still confused because I don't know where I should paste the code. 

Unless you do it manually with plain text, you would need to code it into your title object.

File => Libraries & Objects => Open Object by Subtype... => General GDL Object => Documentation Symbol => Drawing Title

Your title should be listed at the above location. BUT, I assume you have not meddled with GDL before, so making the suggested modifications may not be the very practical...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Ok. Thanks for your contribution.

Learn and get certified!