Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Some superscript dimensions missing in Layout "Drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I have noticed lately that some superscript dimensions are missing
in layout drawings that are present in the project.
I am using AC 10 and have not noticed this in the old Plotmaker pmks.
Please see attached image.

I am wondering if others have noticed this and if someone has
figured out how to predict when it will occur and how to fix it.

Thank you,
Peter Devlin
16 REPLIES 16
It sounds like a View Setting dimension problem.
Fractions will not show if you don't have the Demension settings under the 2D/3D Documents tab of View Settings set properly.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
It sounds like a View Setting dimension problem.
Fractions will not show if you don't have the Demension settings under the 2D/3D Documents tab of View Settings set properly.
Sorry I having trouble understand exactly where the settings are incorrect. I can't seem to locate "View Settings" or "2D/3D Documents Tab". Can you give me a hint?
With your Navigator window open, right click on a View, then click on View Settings. With the View Settings window open click on the 2D/3D tab. Next to dimensions, select a dimension setting that will display fractions.

If you have not set up a dimension display setting go to Options, Project Preferences, Dimensions and configure the dimension display.

Be sure to click on ADD when you have your dimensions configured the way you like it.

It is also possible to have the dimensions display in say 1/64" in your views and 1/4" or what ever for drawings in the Layout.

I can post some pictures if you still need some help.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
With your Navigator window open, right click on a View, then click on View Settings. With the View Settings window open click on the 2D/3D tab. Next to dimensions, select a dimension setting that will display fractions.

If you have not set up a dimension display setting go to Options, Project Preferences, Dimensions and configure the dimension display.

Be sure to click on ADD when you have your dimensions configured the way you like it.

It is also possible to have the dimensions display in say 1/64" in your views and 1/4" or what ever for drawings in the Layout.

I can post some pictures if you still need some help.
No I got it... I already have that set up. The problem is that I prefer superscript fractions (fractions in small type) and don't like a 0 before fractions of dimensions less than 1". Unfortunately, the superscript fractions don't show up if the dimension is less than 1"... I've attached some screen shots....
Anonymous
Not applicable
For what it is worth the superscript fraction dimensioning works just fine in Archicad 12...

Is this a plot to force a move to metric?
I see. Not good. Work around is to use custom text.

By null at 2010-03-24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've created a second dimensioning standard for details that have dimensions under 1"... I just don't like it and really when I'm detailing I could use the extra space and clarity created with the superscript fractions...