Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Why do I see duplicate columns and beams on my schedule?

archigreen
Enthusiast

I'm working on my schedule and I realized that all my columns and beams are duplicated.

Is there a bug or what else can it be?

ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
7 REPLIES 7
runxel
Legend

No, but you need to exclude "beam / column segments" from the schedule.

It's a bit counter-intuitive and I think whoever PM or dev is responsible for this is plainly wrong. But I digress...

If you have a rule "all 3D elements" in your schedule you have to explicitely exclude the segments.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Botonis
Advisor

Or filter only beams and columns,.....

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
archigreen
Enthusiast

Runxel, firstly, I thank you for your response. Then, I need to ask you something about common sense, if I place 1 column and 1 beam on a plan, and my schedule shows 2 columns and 2 beams, something is definitely wrong. I would not try to justify their wrong because only making it right can we move forward.

I need data form all new elements (wall, slabs, etc.) on my plan, not only columns and beams, that is why I cannot discriminate columns and beams only.

Kind regards.

ArchiGreen

Thanks.

ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB

Have a look at your schedule criteria.

You either have to specifically tell it to include a 'column' and 'beam', or tell it to exclude 'column segment' and beam segment' if you want ALL elements.

You will find that if you open a file that had a schedule created before segmented beams and columns were introduced, in a version of Archicad that now has segmented beams and columns, there will automatically be an addition to the schedule criteria (even if the schedule has noting to do with beams and columns).

BarryKelly_0-1686277544844.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Miha Nahtigal
Advocate

Move your schedule from component section to elements section. Had the same problem and this was also solved for a user in obe of the older topics

BIMquants.comBETA - Quantities and Costs Estimation with Archicad AddOn :: rushing to publish a beta preview

As far as I can remember, you can't move a schedule from one section to another, you have to re-create it.

Even Element schedules can have beam/column and beam/column segments - my image was from an element schedule.

So it should just be a case of being specific about what you want to schedule in the criteria, no matte what type of schedule it is.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Miha Nahtigal
Advocate

@Barry Kelly  true, you have to recreate schedule.

I am attaching two topics which were solved by moving (recreating) schedule intoto "Elements" section

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/Why-are-these-unique-ID-objects-appearing-twice...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/Multiple-entries-for-the-same-beam-profile/m-p/...

BIMquants.comBETA - Quantities and Costs Estimation with Archicad AddOn :: rushing to publish a beta preview