BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

HotFix Install Error

Well, this is a first.

Installing the v27.1.1 Hotfix on my ARM Mac an error popped up during installation and said the ArchiCAD 27 app is corrupt  and needs to be moved to the trash. I cancel, then proceed to complete the installation, then try to launch it. The same notice comes up. ArchiCAD cannot run and needs to be moved to the trash.

Currently downloading the base installer and will have to reinstall, then try to run the updater again.

They're charging the most in their company history for upgrade and SSA and have released the single most buggy release of ArchiCAD I can remember (since 1991). They delayed the release for four months promising  bug-free version, yet it's the buggiest. How long are going to settle for this?

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14.1.1 Sonoma

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
14 REPLIES 14
Robby
Booster

Yes indeed- this Hot Fix needs HOT FIXING - it will not update my version 27.0 v1 build 4030 - 

Error states I already have the latest version - which I don't!

A bug fixer with more bugs than fixes - must be a first!

Rob Marelli-
AC 26 & 27
MacBook Pro (2021) M1 Max -32 Gb RAM - Sonoma 14
Eduardo Rolon

Happened to me with the Intel version, ARM installed ok.

See here:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/New-version-references/m-p/579313#M36300

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Thank you Eduardo- I had read your post.

On my ARM it refused to install the hot fix and I tried also the previous fix and refused to install that too.

I figured I would install a fresh new full version but couldn't download because the server is down! hahahaha

Is there new management at Graphisoft? 

Rob Marelli-
AC 26 & 27
Nurbs
Advocate

Hi,

On the newer macOS you should give the Hotfix installer after downloading and before running full disc access in the security seetings.

That should work.

Also could be helpful to download the installer in a different browser in a privat window (Modzilla, Chrome...)😏

AC16 -> AC aktuell
WIN 10 & Mac Studio Ventura
Eduardo Rolon

That might work but…

• The first issue is that when I ran it a second time it ran fine.
  • The second issue is that the reason ANY macos updater asks for your password to run is so you don't have to manually edit the security settings.
  • The final reason is that this is the first time in 20+ years that a software updater fails and forces you to reinstall.

-----

This should not happen

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Hi,

Yes, I agree. But I'm not quite sure that allowing the installer to run with your admin password gives an unlimited writing permission in the neededfolders. Therefore AC needs full disc access as well.

In Terms of security every new macOS is stronger in refuse to let things work...beginning with CodeMeter Hardwarekey and ending...?

But that has to be testet before release.

AC16 -> AC aktuell
WIN 10 & Mac Studio Ventura
Karl Ottenstein

Weird.  Both 27.1 and 27.1.1 installed normally for me.   I'm on Ventura still (13.6.2) and don't see the macOS version in most posts here for ARM users so wonder if it is failing for people on Sonoma?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Geoff Briggs
Mentor

The 27.1.1 hotfix ran fine for me thank goodness. But I had an issue recently with an AC26 update. Looking at these forums there is no rational conclusion one can make other than Graphisoft's quality control is severely lacking, especially on the Mac side.

Another related issue is the completely nonsensical versioning. Is it build numbers or main version + decimals? How many decimals should we expect, is the next update 27.2, 27.1.2, 27.1.1.1? Who knows. And it appears Archicad is just as confused as I am…

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 10.27.50 AM.png

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Robby
Booster

So actually I believe Geoff is on the right track.  Because of the confusing labeling by Graphisoft , there is a chance that I was able to install the 27.1.1 Hot fix which I guess is version 4030? No way to tell .......

I thought the update was not installed because with this new version I was still unable to save a 27 doc to 26.....but maybe they never got around to fix that and maybe fixed the freeze when I use the text tool. 

And yes, I know the work around: remove any objects from the embedded Library and then 27 will save to 26....

Rob Marelli-
AC 26 & 27

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!