Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Addng plaster for walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I add plaster thickness to walls already created?

i tried Options > Element Attributes> Composites>brick plastered both
sides.since the wall thickness is diferrent from my wall i tried to edit
the wall but the EDIT SELECTED ITEM is not getting selected.
thanks
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable
winscoat right?
i need to split plaster vertically (see image)
plaster split.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
creative wrote:
winscoat right?
i need to split plaster vertically (see image)
you just split them

Split wall with split command and applay diff.material
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks
Lipi
Participant
I also have a problem with plaster wrapping around a column. it works normally mostly, except in this instance; when an interior wall connects to the main wall, and there is a column in the intersection, the plaster of the main wall cuts through the core of the adjoining wall no matter what I do. The wall skins and skin priorities are set correctly, as you can see from the pic.
I set up all different settings so you can see what it does. The connecting walls are all copies of the same one, so all the settings are the same too. the left two columns have the skin wrapping turned off, and the right two turned on. Yet, when in the intersection of the composite walls, that makes no difference.

Any ideas?
I know for display only it'd be easiest to just set the columns higher than the wall is, but I am trying to keep the model accurate.
ArchiCad 22, Sweden
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
HP ZBook 15u / Intel Core i7 8:e gen. 8550U / 1.8 GHz (4 GHz) / 8 MB Cache
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 / Intel HD Graphics 620, 2 GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
check the wall priorties in wall settings & profile manager(sometimes they don't match)

also this might help
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=18300&highlight=wall+priorities+intersections
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used thin wall (plaster thin) as plaster to wrap column with plaster.here i don't get a continuous plaster view but it helps.
alemanda
Advocate
Lipi wrote:
I also have a problem with plaster wrapping around a column. it works normally mostly, except in this instance; when an interior wall connects to the main wall, and there is a column in the intersection, the plaster of the main wall cuts through the core of the adjoining wall no matter what I do. The wall skins and skin priorities are set correctly, as you can see from the pic.
I set up all different settings so you can see what it does. The connecting walls are all copies of the same one, so all the settings are the same too. the left two columns have the skin wrapping turned off, and the right two turned on. Yet, when in the intersection of the composite walls, that makes no difference.

Any ideas?
I know for display only it'd be easiest to just set the columns higher than the wall is, but I am trying to keep the model accurate.
In my opinion this is a bug.
My work around is that for columns embedded totally in the wall they must be put in a layer with a higher intersection group number.
GS has to improve this tools ... there are a lot of problems.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, it is a bug.
I report it to GS.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27