Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Beam length schedule issue

Milan
Enthusiast

Guys, once again thing that i dont get it!

I have a curved beam (vertically), and Im trying to do quantities for it, but one simple parameter I cant extract, and it is Beam Length. All I can get is 3d Length, Left and right length. I tried all of them, left and right leave me empty field in a schedule, but 3d length is not correct. Is way smaller that in reality should be!

Is this value that is correct and that I need to show in my schedule. Any idea? 

Snimak ekrana 2024-09-10 141844.png

Operating system used: Windows 11

7 REPLIES 7
Milan
Enthusiast

I mean. Is possible to do anything in this program, besides of basic rectangular shapes. Is soo freaking annoying how it lacks basic functionalities... And every time improving with some features we actually dont need... huh 

runxel
Legend

I can't confirm that. 3D length works fine for me:

runxel_0-1725975150683.png

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Works for me in the floor plan, but not when vertically curved beam. Is both inclined and vertically curved, quarter of a circle, and is giving me some random value, cant figure out which one, is neither chord length, projected length, nothing, just some number, smaller than real length... 

Also, to mention, is not taking in mind SEO extraction for calculations

@Milan  schrieb:

Works for me in the floor plan, but not when vertically curved beam.

In that case, yes, you're right. That's a shame. For vertically curved beams there is no 3D length.... 😒

@James B another thing you could fix 😉

Also double curved beams (floor plan and vertical!) please!

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Do you have any idea how I should handle it ? I would write expression and new property if id knew how they got 218 instead of 296cm, and then schedule that property...

There are quite a few situations where fundamental data like lengths can not be properly extracted.  And yes - it is annoying. 

There are of course work arounds.  There is always a way to get what you want out of ArchiCAD - if you want to fuss with it long enough 😞

One solution I use is to make the part that will generate the correct data in the Interactive Schedules and place it off to the side somewhere.  That part is the one included in the Schedule, the other one is in the model for the sake of various graphics, perhaps converted to a morph.    

Theoretically, you can keep the two parts in the same place and control visibility with layers and such, but I like to keep such Scheduling-Only components out of the model where I can keep track of them better.   Nothing like that should be necessary - but sometimes it more efficient than a .gdl or Expressions type solution.  

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Setup info provided by author