Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Concrete pattern - background fill/foreground?

rob2218
Enthusiast
see attached.
need to show a "concrete pattern" inside the wall composite.
using a MVO thats geared toward shades rather than a construction document type view.
How best to accomplish now showing a concrete stipple pattern inside the concrete basement wall "IN ADDITION" to maintaining these "shades inside the walls?

Wall-HatchSMALL.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
16 REPLIES 16
rob2218
Enthusiast
Agreed.....
I'll have to try your technique sir.
Richard wrote:
rob2218 wrote:
Background for electrical information?
huh? wouldn't you just use an "electrical" penset that makes the electrical objects 'bolder'?
Certainly possible, but takes time to set up and then manage pens very carefully. I always seem to make a few mistakes. I think it's just faster to have a "Walls Only" view, where you can just take a view and change all the pens to gray. And another view of "Electrical Only" where you can change all the pens to black.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218 wrote:
humm...bummer.
well, what I've had to resort to...which defeats the whole "BIM" purpose is add a cover fill type hatch over in the areas that are "concrete".
Due to the architects rather unique criteria for how drawings should look, this is what I had to do.

here's what it looks like. Wish I could get the same results simply with a MVO adjustment.
You don't need model view options to make the background in a section view different than it is on the floor plan.

In Building Materials, you can set both the pens the the same.
Then use the section settings to change the background so the pattern show up do to the contrast. It will not show in plan view.

Is that what your wanting to do?
2015-02-06_2-07-37.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

I like to show the block outs / step downs in the stem wall with a different background color so it doesn't get overlooked as much.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

rob2218
Enthusiast
STeve,
you and I "both" know the architect I'm working with. With that said....notice how the pen 237 in plan is darker than the pen 237 in section....these would be COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE (sorry for the e-shouting but that is how I recieve the comments from said architect) to the architect whom I'm dealing with......

But yes...that is, barring the difference in grey tones, what I'm trying to achive...without having to use a "fill pattern" on top of some walls in plan and section.
Steve wrote:
rob2218 wrote:
humm...bummer.
well, what I've had to resort to...which defeats the whole "BIM" purpose is add a cover fill type hatch over in the areas that are "concrete".
Due to the architects rather unique criteria for how drawings should look, this is what I had to do.

here's what it looks like. Wish I could get the same results simply with a MVO adjustment.
You don't need model view options to make the background in a section view different than it is on the floor plan.

In Building Materials, you can set both the pens the the same.
Then use the section settings to change the background so the pattern show up do to the contrast. It will not show in plan view.

Is that what your wanting to do?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
I am not understanding the problem.

This may not be the exact colors you want but it illustrates that you can get what you want with out any use of MVOs. It is just a matter of Section Settings for the background color. Unless I am not understanding something.

rob2218
Enthusiast
see image........Steve. "You" do know whom we are referring to here......right? You've had first hand experience with as well......
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Yes. I do know what you dealing with.
However, I am still not understanding something.
Getting the walls to look the same in plan view as they do in section is the default condition.
And you can of course make them different if you want that with Section Settings. I like Section Settings because I can show my footings as a dashed line in plan view, but in Section I want that line to be solid.
Why do you want to try and control that with Model View Options ?
2015-02-06_14-36-49.png