Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door tags

Tom Krowka
Booster
I'm using the dimension marker for the door tags. They have numbered fine, until I put in zones. Now the door marker picks up the zone number and displays it in the marker. I'm using the Door Marker_NCS.
When I go down to customize texts, I have two choices under customize text, "custom text" which I assume means I can't use automatic numbering. The other is "room and door ID'. This worked fine until I put the zones in.
Is there any way to just make it Door ID? I do not want the zone or room area to show up in the tag.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to use a different library part (or modify the NCS part - only if you are serious about GDL editing). The National CAD Standard uses room numbers and so it is the only automatic option. The room number method is pretty good (I use it) if you are numbering doors individually rather than by type.

There may be another part in the library that would work but I am not familiar enough with the included parts. Creating your own door key in GDL is not too complicated either. You just need a circle or box (or whatever) with one text statement for the GLOB_ID global variable.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Yes, I'm numbering tags individually, not by type. Unfortunately, I'm new at the program and am not famililar with GDL, so that option is out.

You mentioned you also are using door numbering. Are you using the same marker, and if so, are you using the custom text option. Does the custom text automatically number?
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use custom parts almost exclusively. I'll often use some standard parts in the beginning of a project, but usually by the end they have all been customized or made new. For graphic standards I use the ones I have created (or adapted) for my clients.

For door keys I usually use the room number and a letter per the NCS. I have used this approach since long before the NCS and I recommend it highly. Since you are numbering your doors individually I think you should consider adopting this approach. In general I recommend using the NCS as much as possible with adaptations where necessary.

If you want to post a drawing of what you are looking for and a description of how you want to use it, I might have a custom symbol I could send you.
Tom Krowka
Booster
What I'd like to be able to do is just have a door tag that has a number of the door, done automatically when I place the door, with no other information. Could I open the marker symbol, change the name, get rid of the room link, rename and save?
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Aussie John
Newcomer
yes you should be able to
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the US commercial practice each door has a unique number.
As a start for a door schedule all one needs is the door number and from what room to what room opens.
Then ay a future time the type and frame is decided. I assume this could be delegated to the designer of the floor layout, but usually this door is selected by someone making the schedule and it is a total waste to ask this person at is tome of the design to intervene in the 3d aspect of the floor plan.
The in a future stage at he completion of the CD’s the door options are selected: saddle, weather stripping, hardware, sound and smoke, closer wit or without HO options. To infer that these options are to be selected and decided then a door is placed in plan or that the person deciding should revisit the plan is an aberration that if repeated and subscribed to inclusive GS denoted an unprofessional dilettante attitude. Lets be serious.
As far as the basic functions : t”he door number and from what room to what room opens” AC fails miserably.
Keying is something that is discussed and decided at the time shop drawings area reviewed. In most commercial situation is a futile endeavor to bring this issue in discussion since the parties deciding are not brought in the decision making process at the design stage.
For a residential project things are different but then AC is more then a residential software, is it ?
Aussie John
Newcomer
Adalbert wrote:
As far as the basic functions : t”he door number and from what room to what room opens” AC fails miserably.
This isn't true.
Use zones to define the room and ID values to define the door and the interactive door schedule and AC will do what you describe.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Although many of the elements of the current IS are somewhat frustrating, the ability to create an appropriate schedule is with 8.1 a very viable method of work. I find that the more decisions that are made as early in the project as possible, the easier it is to complete later. This is applicable for residential as well as commercial type projects. In fact leaving the decisions to a much later time in the job just increases the stress and potential for errors.

I also believe that the originator of the project should have the greatest grasp of the building(s) and therefore more able to assure the correctness of the work.

Lew Bishop
8.1 P4 2.53 1GB nVidia 440
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
The QUICK answer for which TAG to use is (believe it or not)

DOOR MARKER

and

WindowMarker

They may actually be DoorMarker70 (I'll check at the office tomorrow).

These both have options to display only the ID...

BTW.. If you don't care what order the numbers are placed in all your doors, use ELEMENT ID MANAGE to automatically number them for you.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop