Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Skin lines pen, not affected by Graphic Overrides?

alexliz23
Enthusiast

I need to produce detail sections of a slab/wall connection and would like to set the slab's composite structure to use a specific pen color for one of its skins (the DPC) so that it is not affected by the Graphic Override I am using for detail drawings (which turns every pen color to black). I have failed so far, so I was wondering if GO rules can't pick a specific skin separator line within a composite structure or if I am missing something here.

Any help will be much appreciated.

This is what my section looks like without GO:

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 13.03.33 (2).png

I would like all colors to be black (through GO) except for the DPC lines, which I would like to remain in red. This isn't happening though:

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 13.02.21 (2).png

This is my GO rule:

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 13.12.46.png

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

@alexliz23 wrote:

I need to produce detail sections of a slab/wall connection and would like to set the slab's composite structure to use a specific pen color for one of its skins (the DPC) so that it is not affected by the Graphic Override I am using for detail drawings (which turns every pen color to black).

Unfortunately, currently, Graphic Overrides affect the whole element. 

One possible solution to this situation would be to create a Pen Set for this purpose, in which Pen Set the Pen of the skin you don't want to be overridden would keep its Pen, while most other Pens would be Black (or White if they are background Pens.)

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

@alexliz23 wrote:

I need to produce detail sections of a slab/wall connection and would like to set the slab's composite structure to use a specific pen color for one of its skins (the DPC) so that it is not affected by the Graphic Override I am using for detail drawings (which turns every pen color to black).

Unfortunately, currently, Graphic Overrides affect the whole element. 

One possible solution to this situation would be to create a Pen Set for this purpose, in which Pen Set the Pen of the skin you don't want to be overridden would keep its Pen, while most other Pens would be Black (or White if they are background Pens.)

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
alexliz23
Enthusiast

Thanks @Laszlo Nagy .

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma