cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Splines and Magic Wand - AC 24

daviiiiidave
Advocate
What happend here? Its not working.

I cant use the magic wand on splines cause archicad dont stop working and calculating.

It doenst work with fills, it doesnt work with mesh nor with morph.

I had to kill archicad the 100th time via task manager while trying to finish some competition plans.
Its so messed up.

Seems like somebody messed up the code for the magic wand calculation.

ARCHICAD 19-25, Student & Full Archicard, CI Tools, Germany
Mifcom Renderbox AMD Ryzen 9 5900X GeForce RTX 3070 TI 32GB RAM 980 PRO SSD Win10
Thinkpad P52 4K i7 8850H NVIDIA Quadro P3200 (6 GB) 32 GB RAM SSD Win10 Pro

25 REPLIES 25
Ancha
Booster

Ancha_0-1682003667927.png

Try unchecking the preview of the magic wand selection. It worked for me.

It's 2024 and this issue is still not solved. Why? Does the Graphisoft team have something personal against urbanists? I really wand an aswer on this one

darius88
Contributor

With the uncheck of the magic wand preview, this actually works A LOT better, but it is not a solution.

TMA_80
Enthusiast

in Archicad 27, the same issue persists, whether with preview enabled or not ( disabling the preview helps but it is still also slow).

AC12_27 |Win11_64bit|

Paradoxaly, export to dwg, import the dwg. the spline came as polyline, then magic wand ...

AC12_27 |Win11_64bit|
torben_wadlinger
Virtuoso

As you can see in the short video, the algorithm to find the boundary isn’t very clever. It is kind of ballooning, for that reason it can only find the outer edges, but not the inner ones. My assumption is, that the "highlight"-algorithm and the "magic wand"-algorithm are the same. For that reason it (mostly) works for the magic-wand-stuff, but not for highlighting, because it has to start over and over again with every new mouse position.