cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall surfaces disappear in 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I've got the following problem while modelling a house of 120 flats. In plan everything is okay, but in 3d some of the walls started losing their front or back surfaces (some of them both). It effects about 20% of my walls. The walls are still there selectable, they even show their windows, but the surfaces are just missing. The file contains some modules, which are also affeced, as well as walls which are not in the modules.
What are tried until now:
-parameter transfer from a good wall , no effect
-changing the type pf surface, didn't do anything
-redrawing the walls from scratch: this did help, but then some other random walls (which were perfectly good till then) started losing their surface
-copying it over to a new file: problem still there, but on different objects

Any other advice?

(This is happening on the work pc of my signature)

acx.jpg
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I've never had this problem before, but try deleting the windows or doors in the wall to see what happen?

If the walls come back to normal, then, are you using doors and windows from a plugin?
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
Maybe You linked/cutted the wall to an roof above that is smaller than the wall. Then the wall - out of the borders of the roof - is still visible in 2D but not in 3D. To solve: Uncut all walls and cut them more carefully if they are sitting under the roof or not. Cut walls into pieces before linking - cutting with roofs..
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answers. Unfortunately I still have the problem, even when the windows are removed. Also after removing the seo with the roof. It also happens on the lower stories which were never affected by the roof. Any other suggestions?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
It could be some slab/wall/other element on a hidden layer with a high priority building material.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, it's the same with all the layers turned on. Also no hidden objects and nothing in the other renovation filters either.

We're kinda clueless here.

Also we tried opening it on another pc and the problem is still there, so that rules out hardware related problems.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check you do not have two walls in the same space (duplicates) as this will cause this, like in the real world two objects cannot occupy the same space and time.
If you have hotlinked in your unit plans and they have bounding walls which you also have in the shell / core file this type of problem will occur

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've checked upon what you just said. I've just copied just the hotlinked modules into a new file. So that'd rule out walls from the core file at the same place.
But some surfaces are still gone.
And since identical modules are behaving differently (some have missing surfaces, some not) it can't be coming from the hotlinked module itself...
AC11.JPG
Eduardo Rolon
I have seen something like this happen with modules in 18 and 19. Usually when you have a module placed inside another module then placed in final AC file. My only workaround at the time was opening the modele end using (mirror wall in place) twice to force a refresh or copy/paste the wall from another module to this one.
Don't remember if using "Invert Wall line" forces the refresh too.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

The last time this happened to me it was because I had a skin of 0".

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25