cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

losing model in perspective

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have this thing that i dont know how to get around. sometimes i build a model, go to the 3d window to look at it and it dissapears.

so i try zooming in and out, spinning round and round and still cannot find the model in 3d view.

is there a way you can tell archicad in 3d projection settings to look at the model as opposed to somewhere in space?
13 REPLIES 13
Bruce
Advisor
In your 3d window have a look at your coordinate boxes to see if they're actually reading something. If they're ******* then you're waaaay off course and need to get closer to the project origin.

Sometimes you can be too high/low as well (check your story settings to see if someone's set them at huge figures). Your height in perspective view corresponds to which story you're on when you open the 3d window.

The navigator window corresponds to the current plan view - so zoom right out in plan and open your navigator again to see if you can locate your building.

Also go to Image > 3d Projection settings to see if you can play with the settings in there.

The only trouble I've had is with projects I've had nothing to do with and others have modelled really crazy stuff.

A lot of stuff to check - hope it helps.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Ben said:
'Fit In Window' . . . sometimes works, sometimes not. it's good in 10.
Yes, in AC10 Fit in Window is good and made even easier by double clicking your mouse wheel button.

Bruce said:
Your height in perspective view corresponds to which story you're on when you open the 3d window.
Not sure if I understand what you mean there Bruce, but you canuse the flyout from the Navigator Preview to switch it to look from the side. You can see where your camera is pointing. If it's pointing straight up or down, then there's a problem! You can either point it in the right direction or drag your stories up.

It's always a good idea IMHO to keep an eye on the camera and target in the Navigator Preview, no matter what mode it's set to.

Cheers,
Link.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Link wrote:

Yes, in AC10 Fit in Window is good and made even easier by double clicking your mouse wheel button.

Cheers,
Link.
Thanks, I did not know that.
Another useful tip.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
I have seen you mention the double clicking the wheel mouse button to zoom extents several times and have tried this without success. All my other mouse function work correctly and was curious if there is any setting in Archicad relating to this. Are you on a PC? Have other Mac users been successful with this technique? It seems like great functionality if only I could get it to work.