BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

HELP! things not selecting properly??!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone, Just pulling my hair out trying to figure out whats wrong..

When I hold down shift (to select something) and hover over a snap point the blue 'pre-section highlight' stays there and waits to be selected....not a problem thats working fine....

BUT the problem is when i hold down shift and hover over any other part the pre-selection highlight disappears after about half a second... and If i hold shift and hover over where a few things intersect the pre-selection highlight constantly switches between them all really quickly.

Its getting really annoying when i'm not quick enough to select something before the highlight disappears (it acts as if i have let go of the shift key...)

Hope that makes sense,

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
__archiben
Booster
Rossjk wrote:
Its getting really annoying when i'm not quick enough to select something before the highlight disappears (it acts as if i have let go of the shift key...)
sounds like your TAB key is stuck down . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tab's working fine.....Its more like there's an auto repeat happening on the shift key

Just discovered it does it when using the Alt key also
__archiben
Booster
Rossjk wrote:
Tab's working fine.....Its more like there's an auto repeat happening on the shift key
TAB is used by the preselection system to scroll through overlapping elements . . . hence why i thought it might be stuck.
Just discovered it does it when using the Alt key also
TAB is also used when you want to select overlapping elements to syringe up their parameters using the ALT key, so . . . are you SURE that the TAB key isn't stuck down?

alternatively, do you have some kind of 'accessible' system software running - such as 'sticky keys' on the mac for example - that might be holding down the TAB key for you? (System Preferences>Universal Access>Keyboard>Sticky Keys)

it would be handy for those of us trying to help for you to include your machine specs and archicad version(s) in your signature here as well . . . before our moderator gets pissed at ya!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for helping, but I have just copied everything into a fresh template - and its all working properly now on exactly the same settings (including libraries)....Still got the problem on the old file though

I'd love to find out what's causing the bug since its happened before on this system...i'll post it if i find out whats causing it...

..I've Checked the Tab key not stuck and sticky keys arent on.
Learn and get certified!