BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Library part not converted properly

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have opened an archived project from 2001. I am using AC9. There are several random objects that bring up a dialog box: "Library part was not converted properly (Obj -###)" When I go to 3D window. Selecting "Stop" brings up a black window. Selecting "OK" brings up endless dialog boxes. Is there a way to fix the problem? I would like to create updated renderings of this file.
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
You should check all the offending object by selecting them in the plan, and opening their setting and 3D preview. If an error shows there, it will show in the 3D of the full model. Correct the parameters, and all will be well.

You did not say whether you are opening it again in 9, with the same library?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
It was created in AC7, archived, burned on a CD and opened in AC9. I will check the 3D window. There are several objects effected. I did a search by ID number, which the dialog box gave, then highlighted them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a problem if several objects have the same ID number?

"Text 3D 70" is object 209
and "xw7_moldings_and_panels" is also object 209 (which also will not show in the 2D or 3D preview window due to an error in the script.)
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Todd wrote:
Is there a problem if several objects have the same ID number?
No. All the objects could have the same ID number, it is just a user assigned parameter. Some object utilize the ID number (for example a door might use it for its designation for the marker and for scheduling), so the ID number can be used in an object's script, but it is unlikely this is your problem, as Djordje said, you probably have a bad parameter, or it is possible that the archive did not include one or more macros, which are additional scripts called by library parts. But the first step is to look at the problematic parts individually.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!