Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Model View Options Fill Display Overides

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello I feel there is a need for ArchiCAd to have a option for the Wall, Slab and Shell tools to be able to have there own individual settings within the Model view options which Allow them to be displayed in different ways without redrawing or having to edit the fills, or manually putting fills in order to change the look without editing the actual wall. Iv made an example below of a composite wall
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
I am not quite sure what you are after but if it is just to hide the centre line in your wall then there are two ways.
In MVO you can turn off the skin separator lines - this will affect all composite elements in your model.

Or in your composite settings you can either set the skin separator lines to use a white pen (won't print) or you can turn the individual separator lines off entirely.
This will affect only individual composite that you edit.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Barry

Currently the MVO override option only offers a simple solution to this it switches off the separator lines and changes the fill display to either solid or no fill there isn't an option that allows you to view the element with a certain fill only as its main fill.

the image below shows what i mean.

Please check MVO settings and you will realise what i mean.
Barry Kelly
Your second image hasn't attached properly but I see what you mean - I zoomed into your first image for a closer view.
You have different hatch patterns in the skins of your composite and you want to over-ride them all with the same hatch pattern.
Unfortunately this can't be done because as you say they can either be all empty fills or all solid fills.
You can't have the hatch pattern of your choice.
The problem is doing it with MVO will mean all composites will have the same hatch pattern which is fine if that is what you want.
Not important for me so I won't skew you poll by voting.

It can be done with the renovation filters but I am not sure if that will be a particularly elegant solution.
You will need to start tagging your elements as new, existing or demo, then set up a filter that over-rides the fills with the hatch of your choice and then use that filter on your specific views.
It does work (I just quickly tried it) but be careful as I think all elements are tagged automatically as existing so you might want to use the "New' or "Demo' tag instead.
Then you can tag only the elements you want to alter.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Barry

Sorry I didn't explain properly but after Consulting with a colleague I think this explanation would be easier to understand.

Im hoping to be able to control the level of detail shown by change in scale from example 1:50 to 1:100, like how doors and windows are shown depending on the scale its viewed at.

Ive made a Screen shot example that i hope clearly show what i am intending.
Barry Kelly
Unfortunately composites aren't scale sensitive.
Objects (doors and windows) are because they can be scripted that way.
But there are no such options with standard elements.

You do have "Partial Structure Display" options but this will affect the overall width of your composite wall so it is not what you are after.
You can set each skin in the composite to be either 'Core', 'Finish' or 'Other' and then you can use the partial Structure Display option to turn the finish and other skins on or off as desired - but the skins disappear rather than change to another fill type.
Plus another problem is you can not have a 'Finish' or 'Other' skin between two 'Core' skins so your central skin will always show.

Unless anyone else has any suggestions I think your best option is the Renovation filters.
When you save a view of your plan (or elevations/sections, etc.) you can set them to use different scales and different reno filters and of course you can save as many views as you need.
So save a 1:50 view that uses a reno filter with no filter over-rides and also a 1:100 view that uses a reno filter with a fill over-ride.

As this is not something I have to tackle in my daily workflow maybe others have some ideas on how to deal with it?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
DGSketcher
Legend
I would be more interested in a variant that used different hatch patterns between plan and section so I can show coursing. It would need to have an editable origin though to work in all situations.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
JaredBanks
Mentor
You can do this now with MVO and pens. I wrote about it here:

http://blog.graphisoftus.com/archicad-user/intelligent-dumbing

and here:

http://blog.graphisoftus.com/archicad-education/tips-and-tricks/pen-sets-part-four

But the easiest way to see it is to download my template and look at the schematic plans option:

http://www.shoegnome.com/template/
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Learn and get certified!