Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Plotmaker Revision/Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
An idea I have had for plotmaker 10 is to have an extra data entry point under the layout name for each layout sheet in the properties section of the navigator. see attached image for better understanding.

A user can select a layout sheet of choice and see at a quick glance the title of the layout sheet and revision/issue of that particular drawing and made changes as needed. This would save the need to zoom in on the title block to see these particular details of that particular layout sheet especially if the layout book uses various sized paper.

Then in the Title block it self a user would set up AUTOTEXT for the revision/issue just like the name of the layout sheet in the title block.

Maybe in the Tree by Subsets the layout sheets use an extension of some sort similar to the layer settings with in archicad. Eg. Layer name “000 A Text .DEM” whereby “.DEM” is the extension.
Also the use of the funnel could be incorporate as well so that a user can print/publish only items selected from the funnel function.

eg. VIEW of the TREE BY SUBSET

2 PLANS (FOLDER)
2.1 PROPOSED GROUND PLAN – E (NAME OF LAYOUT SHEET WITH REVISION NUMBER-LETTER)
2.2 PROPOSED FIRST PLAN – C (NAME OF LAYOUT SHEET WITH REVISION NUMBER-LETTER)

11 DETAILS (FOLDER)
11.1 CONSTRUCTION DETAILS -A (NAME OF LAYOUT SHEET WITH REVSION NUMBER-LETTER)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You might post this the "wish" section of this forum. I have started to use layer control to show revisions. It would be nice if all of this was integrated (ie revision numbers can link to and set layer sets within plotmaker).
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think this feature is better implemented into Plotmaker. I have been asking for something like this since v8.

My post

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=4654
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - thought I would throw in our ha'pence worth on the old revisions nugget.

I thoroughly endorse the need for a dedicated field for revisions, and would extend that to requesting the ability to link layout number/name/revision fields information out to Excel to provide live drawing schedules....

In the mean time, our work around is to use the Layout Name field as the revision field. We manually insert the drawing sheet name as ordinary text on each layout - gives better control over the format and length of titles.

This has really been driven by Publisher. It truncates file names in an incredibly annoying way when exporting files, rendering a descriptive name useless, and not acknowledging the revision of the sheet/file. Using the Layout Name field as the revision field has the benefit of adding the sheet revision letter to any file exported using Publisher (we start with "-" as the default original issue). I enclose a screenshot.....all very simple, really :
Anonymous
Not applicable
tim_r wrote:
... our work around is to use the Layout Name field as the revision field...:
Interesting idea Tim. This is a great workaround and something i might think about implementing before version 10 comes in.

But.... I have been told the whole revision thing is going to be implemented into version 10 so hopefully it lives up to all our desires.