Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Keyboard Navigation Within a Schedule or Index

zoli79
Booster

We have schedules and indexes with lots of typed in data. It would be great if I hadn't had to take my right hand off the keyboard to move the mouse to the next cell, but I rather had the option to navigate to the next cell with the arrow keys. I can see how that would be confusing as these keys navigate the text cursor within the cell, so by holding down the shift/ctrl/command/option key PLUS the arrow key would be perfect for cell navigation.

Currently Tab goes to the right, Enter goes down a cell, but that's it.

macOS 16, ArchiCAD 27 (USA)
first ArchiCAD: 6.5
3 REPLIES 3
LucaP
Enthusiast

Hi,

Keep in mind the OS settings. For windows for example if you hold down Shift and then use Tab or Enter it flips the direction it moves.

Not sure if it works on macOS though...

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD

Thanks Łukasz for the tip! It seems to work on MacOS as well, but I'm not sure how intuitive it is replacing the arrows. But it sure is useful at repetitive actions.

macOS 16, ArchiCAD 27 (USA)
first ArchiCAD: 6.5

Well, you're right about intuitive aspect here BUT waiting for Graphisoft to implement some useful fixes/ features for Archicad users became pointless recently.

So for now, we have to work with what we have. ☹️

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD