BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Text label tool with a proper leader

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fix the independent label tool for text. Allow the leader line to align with the MIDDLE of the first line of text that spans over multiple lines. Currently it jumps to the top of the text box, which is above the text, or the middle of the text box, which can be confusing.
36 REPLIES 36
Erich
Contributor
No worries, I will just add it to my To Do list.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Playing around with the label tool for a while and noticed that the space settings for a frame around the text are not the same as the ones for the text tool. Why Graphisoft invents new ways of spacing text frames between 2 different tools is beyond my comprehension so now i have Labels with frames that look different to text with frames.

Or should this be another work around? Do I have match it with my eye and spend time/waste time to get the result I need and maybe not get it right with common settings between tools. Another flaw to annotations perhaps?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently Graphisoft has done some work on the Label Tool in Verion 19 so thanks to GS for reading through this and doing somthing about it.

I know so far that you can turn off the leader.

I have also been researching ways to SCHEDULE LABELS as I find this could be useful for a lot of things in documentation. Does anyone schedule their labels and what is the trick to getting label information into a schedule?
Jesse Davidson
Contributor
So... Any chance we are going to get multiple leaders anytime soon?

Or is there a way to do it that now and I am simply missing it?
ArchiCAD 24 Full
15" Macbook Pro (2018), OSX 10.15.7
2.6 GHz Intel Core I7, 32GB DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB[/size]
Eduardo Rolon
The work around for A19 is to place one label in top of the other to have multiple leaders.
Don't blame me I am just the messenger.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been doing this too, or if that is not an option you can use a spline.
Anonymous
Not applicable
11 years later and we're still wishing for this. This little change in text will save many people a lot of time trying to create text with separate leaders or all of the other work arounds mentioned in this forum.

My vote is absolutely essential!
Learn and get certified!