cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

component function like music software and some 3d software

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

Our hotlink / modulefiles is great.

But what would be even greater is...

I'm sit and build my module, and whoaaa, this wall would I have several times. I mark that wall and put it in my component list.

Then could I use insert component and place this wall at more places in my model, both as a copy or as a mirror. Copy make a standalone copy of the original component. but the mirror function gives us a mirror of original component. If I change in my original or mirror component than all other mirror component would change too, like if I have a module that I've change.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
TurboGlider wrote:
Hi!

Our hotlink / modulefiles is great.

But what would be even greater is...

I'm sit and build my module, and whoaaa, this wall would I have several times. I mark that wall and put it in my component list.

Then could I use insert component and place this wall at more places in my model, both as a copy or as a mirror. Copy make a standalone copy of the original component. but the mirror function gives us a mirror of original component. If I change in my original or mirror component than all other mirror component would change too, like if I have a module that I've change.
Just save the wall as a module now and use it as many tims as you want.
Unless I mis-understand you.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Just save the wall as a module now and use it as many tims as you want.
Unless I mis-understand you.

Barry.
Sometimes hotlink / modules take more time too use than you will save using it and because of that you don't use hotlink / modules. I think my idea would be more effective and more easier to work with in some cases.

Like I have a wall with a window. This wall with that window I want to use 10 times on my model. I don't like modules in this case. So often I will use multiply / copy'n'paste. But then, if I want to change place of the window, or extend the length of the wall I have to change this 10 times.

I don't know, but an integrated component function is for me an easier way than work with linked files when it comes to "small" things.

Or maybe just another way to create and work with modules. Why not mark the wall, right click -> save as module. Then ArchiCad create a modulefile, change the marked objects to hotlinked objects from the created modulefile.
Djordje
Ace
What you are talking about are assemblies. Yes, it would be great!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
What you are talking about are assemblies. Yes, it would be great!
assemblies? wonder if I could use a dictionary for that word and it gives me the same meaning in Swedish...