Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

*.pln Filter in Open File Dialog

Bruce
Expert
I would really like to be able to filter the displayed files in the Open File dialog box to just *.pln files.

The would eliminate the issue of opening a *.bpn by mistake, and also mean that I can turn off the filename extensions in Windows Explorer - which I find a real pain.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
7 REPLIES 7
TomWaltz
Participant
You already can. Just change the "Enable file type" to "Archicad Solo Project" and you will only see the PLN files.
Tom Waltz
Bruce
Expert
Hmmm. Interesting - but for some reason that option is not available in my Open File dialog. The closest I have is "All ArchiCAD Projects". Any ideas why?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
TomWaltz
Participant
Bruce wrote:
Hmmm. Interesting - but for some reason that option is not available in my Open File dialog. The closest I have is "All ArchiCAD Projects". Any ideas why?
You don't have a drop-down to change that?? I'm not sure why that would be.
Tom Waltz
Karl Ottenstein
Tom,

This problem is a Windows issue, which is why you're not seeing it on your Mac.

This has been on the wishlist for many years (I added it 4 or 5 years ago), but now that we have voting forums, maybe we can get enough votes to make it happen. It is a huge source of error.

Consider that PlotMaker (Windows version) filters only PLN files (not BPN). So, they did it right there. Let's just have the same functionality in AC. BPN can show up by filtering for (*) ALL.

Essential IMHO - I'm weary of waiting for this one.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just for all you PC users, I'm voting essential also. We need the same functionality on both platforms.
Karl Ottenstein
Millard wrote:
Just for all you PC users, I'm voting essential also. We need the same functionality on both platforms.
Thanks, Millard. 😉 Let's keep those votes coming, folks!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Collins
Advocate
I also voted essential, partly because I've opened the backup version by mistake on more than one occasion, but also because I thought Graphisoft would enjoy seeing a really easy wishlist item for a change. ("New Enhanced SmartFilter™ Open File Dialog Increases Your Productivity And Protects Your Data!")
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)