BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls not joining properly

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm laying out a foundation with a complex profile foundation wall. The walls are not joining properly at the corners. The reno filter is not the problem, it's completely new construction. I've tried the intersect command and adjusting the layer priority. I can't understand why they are not joining. One wall end is poking out, even though the reference lines intersect. Both walls have the same junction order.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
In AC17, walls no longer mitre when connecting. Due to the new priority based collision technology.

You are using Profile is seems, are you using element level surface overrides?

If using element level surface overrides:
Also override ends. This is a quick way to match the textures also.

Alternatively, open the Profile Manager (via context menu - Edit Selected Complex Profile). Select the Fill in the editor and under "Components - Selected" check that the Surface is coming from the Building Material (the end surface you see is likely the Building Material surface).
Then check "Use Building Material" this will change the surface of the entire Wall to come now from the Building Material (not just the end). If this is not the desired Surface you then have the option to modify the Surface used on that Building Material directly. Depends what you need.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
James,

Thank you. I did not have the "Use Building Material" selected, and therefore I could see the end lines of the wall even though it shouldn't be showing that way. By selecting that option, it shows correctly.

Image below NOT what I want.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is what I want, with the Use Building Material option selected.
Learn and get certified!