Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Simplify composite walls/slabs/profiles. Merge materials marked as finish or other in composite.

Wlad222
Booster

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project where I need to simplify the representation of composite walls, slabs, and complex profiles for scales such as 1:200 or larger. Specifically, I'm looking to merge or display materials marked as "finish" or "other" as a single material in these views.

I understand that Model View Options (MVO) can be used for simplifying certain elements, but I'm curious about the best practices or workarounds that you all might have come across for achieving this effect with walls, slabs, and complex profiles.

See images:

Operating system used: Windows

Posnetek zaslona 2024-10-13 130019.png

3 REPLIES 3
JohnB
Contributor

I think You should use overwrite options, with a rule that other and finish use the same Settings without a lines between those layers.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

As I understand the overwrite options only work per element not per material. I can only overwrite the whole element (slab, wall, ...) Also, there is no rule option for "core", "other" or "finish".

Yes, but You can filter by element (wall/slab) and bulding material.

Setup info provided by author