Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

VIEW IS DIFFERENT TO DRAWING

MW2
Contributor

Hi,

Not sure what is going on if this is a bug or what but the layout is missing information . please help. 

MW2_0-1719215387640.png

drawing above (correct)

MW2_1-1719215489643.png

layout above (incorrect)

thanks.

Operating system used: Windows 11

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MW2
Contributor

this is definitely a renovation filter issue/bug. there is no reason for it not to show the lines/model in the layout when it's showing up in the drawing..

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Kamelite
Advocate

Have you checked that these settings are set to the same in in the drawing (2D plan in Archicad) and layout view that you have placed on the layout?

Edited for clarity - Barry.

Kamelite_0-1719216607241.png

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
MW2
Contributor

how/where can you see the view setting in a layout?

@MW2 wrote:

how/where can you see the view setting in a layout?

Not the layout but the drawing (view) placed on the layout.

Needs to be the same settings as what you are using to view the 2P plan in Archicad.

If you have not created views of your plan (in View Map) then you should as these are what you should be placing on the layouts because you can control the settings for each view.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Go to layoutbook, and fint the layout in question. It can be opened, like a folder, as shown below.

Kamelite_0-1719218286014.png

Pick whatever view want, within the layout, hit right mouse key, and the select "modify source view settings". Tat will take you to the meny I showed in a previous post.

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

Hi and thanks for your reply,

@Kamelite & @Barry Kelly I have saved my layouts correctly and all the settings are the same. It's still happening. Not sure if the file can become corrupt? 

I get this happen a lot. If you select the view on the Layout and right-click then open source view does the floor plan view display differently to what is shown on the Layout? If that’s the case, close the file. Then from within Archicad select ‘File’, ‘Open…’ and navigate to the file you just closed. Make sure you select the ‘Open and Repair’ open then open your file. This fixes that issue 99% of the time. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.1
macOS Sonoma (14.5)

@Lee Hankins thanks Lee, I'll give it a go.

@Lee Hankins that didn't work but I think I've narrowed it down to a renovation filter issue. Not sure why because I just duplicated a filter that works and override the demolished elements... 🤔

Solution
MW2
Contributor

this is definitely a renovation filter issue/bug. there is no reason for it not to show the lines/model in the layout when it's showing up in the drawing..

Setup info provided by author