cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC27 Slow Trace Reference on Worksheet

Harvey Fontanilla
Contributor

Hi. We are currently experiencing slow navigation (zooming, placing text, dimensions) when doing worksheets. Our typical workflow is:

For Blow-up Plans (Toilet Details, other details with larger scale than our plans and will only require a portion of the plan):

After placing the blow-up views, we trace the layout on a separate worksheet then from there, we place our dimensions. This Worksheet will now be placed on top of the Traced Layout so we can have a separate view showing only text, tags and dimensions instead of placing it on the model space.

Since Archicad 27, we cannot do this anymore efficiently due to the "short" stops. Even when panning or selecting text when using worksheet with trace reference, this happens. Worksheets with Trace Reference becomes so slow.

We did not encounter this on all the previous versions we had since AC18. Do you guys know a quick solution for this or had encountered this?

Thank you!

19 REPLIES 19

I tried to lower the polling rate but did not notice any performance increase...

Hans Roest
Booster

We reverted all AC27 projects to AC26. This issue caused serious speed problems. In AC26 everything works fine again, would be nice if there is a sollution, as we were looking forward to using the Design Options!

Boyan Hvoynenski
Participant

Same problem! Trace & Reference is absolutely slow and we can't work with it. I hope it will be okay in the next update...... this is basic option for this software.

Relevant soft- /hardware: 

• CPU: Intel Rocket Lake Core I5-11600KF 6 cores (3.9Ghz Up to
    4.90Ghz, 12MB LGA1200) 125W,
  • GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3060 AORUS E OC 12GB rev 2.0
  • RAM: Team Group Delta RGB TUF DDR4 - 32GB(2x16GB) 3200MHz,
    CL16-18-18-38 1.35V
  • Windows 11;

Latest Studio Drivers installed, hotfix 27.1.1. installed.

Gortz
Booster

This is a known issue: DEF-16662

Workaround is to use the same Layer Combinations in the open and traced view.
A more user-friendly workaround: when working with the Trace and Reference function, have only one tab open and close all the other tabs in AC.

It is scheduled to be fixed in AC27 2.0 which is the next update for AC27.

Andy Melaragno
Enthusiast

Thanks for posting this workaround! It has been a huge help! Hopefully this gets fixed and very soon.

Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 - 27 USA | Windows 11 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz

This does seem to help a lot, but with only one tab open (the 'User-Friendly' option) it does not always work.

Is there any planning on the AC27 2.0 update? The hotfix of december '23 doesn't fix it and it is still VERY annoying.

We've confirmed it's not hardware related, since we are now working on brand new workstations wich are HUGELY over the recommened hardware specs...

There is an update preview out for Archicad 27 (27.2.0) which specifically lists a fix for trace reference speed where the reference uses a different layer combination. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.1
macOS Sonoma (14.5)

Not yet for my installed language version (NED), the INT-version cannot be installed.

Hope it releases soon!

rgarand
Booster

Thanks everyone for all the "work around" suggestions. These seem to work for me. Hoping for the hotfix to be live soon.

Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000

27.2.0 is available to download (beta). Initial testing indicates the trace reference issues are resolved BUT has unearthed a glitch where accessories will lose any association i.e. roof or ceiling accessories will not edit when the roof / ceiling is modified. Re-installing the goodies suite and the hotfix has no effect.

Edit: fresh install of AC27 / Goodies / Hotfix 27.2.0 does not resolve the accessories issue either

AC 3.14 (1990) to 27 (2024)
PC : i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz - 32GB - W10/64