Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Issue with displaying on all relevant stories

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello community,

I'm currently using AC19 on my Mac OS X (10.11.2). I cannot display columns on all relevant stories. While clicking on the "show on all relevant stories" element in the "Floor Plan and Section" menu, ArchiCAD do not apply those settings. Anyone facing the same problem?

Thanks and best regards

Mladen
9 REPLIES 9
Eduardo Rolon
Working here. Check the Floor Plan Display settings.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Working here. Check the Floor Plan Display settings.
Sorry, I'm new to ArchiCAD. Where can I find the floor plan display settings? The problem is, that AC19 do not apply my modifications if you mean the "Floor Plan" Button in the Info-Window?
Eduardo Rolon
Try this:

• Select the Column
• Right Click and select "Column Settings"
• Look for "Show on Stories" and select "All Relevant Stories"
• Then change "Floor Plan Display" which is the next one to "Projected" or "Projected with Overhead"

-----
Just to be sure that you are editing the one you already placed and not the next one.
Also check that the height of the column.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Try this:

• Select the Column
• Right Click and select "Column Settings"
• Look for "Show on Stories" and select "All Relevant Stories"
• Then change "Floor Plan Display" which is the next one to "Projected" or "Projected with Overhead"

-----
Just to be sure that you are editing the one you already placed and not the next one.
Also check that the height of the column.
that's unfortunately the problem. My ArchiCAD does not apply those settings… I reinstalled etc. but that does not work for me… 😕
Eduardo Rolon
Does not make sense.
Please verify that you have the latest update and if that does not help then you will need to get in touch with your reseller.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check and make sure your columns are actually crossing the story you want it to display in and they are being cut by the current floor plan cut plane.
Kamelite
Advocate
ejrolon wrote:
Does not make sense.
Please verify that you have the latest update and if that does not help then you will need to get in touch with your reseller.
Just to be absolutely certain: You DO use the coloumn fro the toolbox-menu, and not a coloumn-object? Because, if my mind doesn't play me any tricks, objects are not visible from other stories than its home story. Just checking 🙂

Happy new year!
.Kamelite
Windows 10, Archicad 27
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Kamelite wrote:
Because, if my mind doesn't play me any tricks, objects are not visible from other stories than its home story. Just checking 🙂
Look at Object Settings > Floor Plan and Section > Floor Plan Display > Show on Stories: there are a number of options for showing Objects on more than their home story.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Kamelite
Advocate
David wrote:
Kamelite wrote:
Because, if my mind doesn't play me any tricks, objects are not visible from other stories than its home story. Just checking 🙂
Look at Object Settings > Floor Plan and Section > Floor Plan Display > Show on Stories: there are a number of options for showing Objects on more than their home story.

David
That's interesting, gotta check that out. Because I've had trouble using the chimney object, for instance. It wasn't visible on other stories than its home story. Which can be a little troublesome in a multi-story house. I switched to using a square coloumn with the same dimensions instead... I might have to revue that now 🙂

I guess its never to late to learn something new!

Thanx for enlighting me

.kamelite
Windows 10, Archicad 27