BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

fill enhancement problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
In ArchiCAD 12 this is a new feature, all i want is to make material which is shown in 3d to be shown in 2d too.

as the attachment the 3d wall is filled with white brick.

but in the 2d elevation , it only show the hatching.

i hope to have the same fill in both 2d and 3d

however,i've tried to draw the block of image to cover it, then the image block cover the shadow too. i don't want to draw the shadow again and it is not accurate too.

what can i do?
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
In the video, you can see in the navigator on the right that they are working on a worksheet, which is 2d only.

They have created it simply by copying and pasting a normal elevation, and editing all the fills manually.

An effective workaround tip, keeping everything live, is to -

- Switch to a side view - parallel projection in the openGL 3d window. Save it as a view. (Textures are visible in the 3d window, so ensure the model represents what you require, texture-wise.)
- Set up an elevation as normal, and change the settings to 'fill uncut surfaces' with 'Nothing' and turn on 'Vectorial Sun Shadows'
- On a layout bring in both the line elevation, and the view of the 3d window.
- Overlay the 3d window view so it is inline with the elevation, and resize it to suit. Send it to the back.
- Both the views will automatically update if something is edited, but everything will stay in line, shadows-and-all - Magic!

Hope that helps!
thanks for this method. it is almost done.
but i don't know how can i resize to suit them perfectly.
the scale are both in 1:100, but i dunno the 3d is a bit bigger than the elevation.

why?
Thomas Holm
Booster
The 3D MUST be a parallell projection!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
angus wrote:
the scale are both in 1:100, but i dunno the 3d is a bit bigger than the elevation.
Use 'Resize' (Ctrl+k) and 'Define Graphicly' in the layout. Zoom in close for higher precision.

The 3d window is not to a particular scale. For a higher resolution, use a larger sized window. You can specify the window size in the '3d Window Settings' dialog box. Anything over 2500 pixels wide doesn't look too bad.
Djordje
Ace
Peter wrote:
angus wrote:
Use 'Resize' (Ctrl+k) and 'Define Graphicly' in the layout. Zoom in close for higher precision.

The 3d window is not to a particular scale. For a higher resolution, use a larger sized window. You can specify the window size in the '3d Window Settings' dialog box. Anything over 2500 pixels wide doesn't look too bad.
Beeep! Wrong!

The 3D window IS to scale. The problem is in copying the contents as a bitmap - that has to be resized properly.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Beeep! Wrong!

The 3D window IS to scale. The problem is in copying the contents as a bitmap - that has to be resized properly.
Beep to you too!

Only the internal engine powered 3d window is to scale. The openGL 3d window view behaves as I describe!

The internal Engine doesn't display textures though, so it isn't suitable for the job.

If you do know of a better method, please let us know!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje,

more screen shot please,

because i try a few times, i still can't do so.....

thanks if any helping hand
Learn and get certified!