Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Best way to assign "Apartment ID" to a Zone

maurotrotta
Enthusiast

I just find out there is an option in the settings of a zone stamp, to assign an "Apartment ID" to the zone. That´s great, but what consfuse me is that in order to type an ID, I have to click on the zone, go to the settings, scroll to down to stamp settings and find out Zone identification tab... which is a lot of clicking and time consuming. Is there a better way to do this? To know this would solve a lot of time for me because I have an add-on that sum every zone of an apartment and displayed on an Label, but the label is linked to the apartment ID of the zone, so I would have to select each zones of every apartment and assign their corresponding apartment ID as described before.

Operating system used: Windows

7 REPLIES 7
cuba
Advocate

Use the Element ID Manager (under Document) to assign unique element IDs to multiple zones (with a counter)

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-06-20 om 13.53.58.png

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-06-20 om 13.54.11.png

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I would probably create a Property for this purpose, make it available for "Space" Classifications, and use that. You could even create Option Sets for the Property, so you could choose the Apartment ID from a list.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Marc H
Advisor

You might consider a dedicated zone layer for the units. I describe this approach in another post.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/Housing-Project-workflow-and-file-organization/... 

Basically, an under floor position of a flat zone on another layer can provide a lot of ease and flexibility once you set up your preferred views.

Hope this helps.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

That´s the approach I have been using so far, but since I found a label that can sum all areas in an apartment base on the "Apartment ID" option available in the zone, then I though a better practice would be to set the Apartment ID of each zone. But doing it as you said, have been great because I just select all of the zones of 1 apartment unit and then control+T and there I have the option to assign an number or ID to the apartment at once. Then I can use the propertiy as a schedule criteria. But again, I can´t make a label that shows the entire area of each apartment unit.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, unfortunately, Properties can only return data about individual elements, not data or a sum of values about a group of elements.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

I've attached a sample of the approach I posted.  The zones shown here are large zones that cover the entirety of the unit (here shown with suite numbers), thereby describing the gross square feet.  These zones are positioned on their own layer and physically under the room zones (1" high and -1" under story), allowing for separate scheduling.

Depending on the need, they can be viewed in front or in back of the walls as shown in these two views.  

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

The problem I have with this kind of approach is that the total area of the apartment is different that the sum area of each room area. Take for instance the suite A in your example, the total area include internal partitions and columns. The way I need to do it have to be excluding these elements.

maurotrotta_0-1719388472010.pngmaurotrotta_1-1719388499116.png

Setup info provided by author