Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Unable To Transfer Masters Between Projects

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying to bring in the master pages from a well developed project to a brand new one.

I have "reserved all" in both projects, opened Organizer in the project I want to transfer the masters into, working in layout tabs for both projects. I drag and drop the desired masters into the new list (a plus symbol and blue line appear indicating that it should work), then nothing. Nothing happens. No warning, or error, or crash, just nothing.

Any ideas? Is there a way around this? I also can't seem to find the ability to export the masters and re-import them manually (without Organizer).
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try a merge option to bring them in but it also brings all the layouts form the original file.

Try saving off your good teamwork file to a solo file and delete unwanted layout before merging.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks vgodzb! That worked a treat. I'll have a look into why the normal method didn't work and re-post if I find anything.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Keito64,

I have no TW Projects running so could you check something here?

Can you reserve the Masters item in the Layout Book in the right pane? Maybe that is what is needed for you to be able to create new Master Layouts by drag-and-drop.
I suppose the you have the proper Access Rights as a TW User.
Otherwise the drag-and-drop should work with TW projects as well so if it doesn't I will report it to GS.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlow,

I believe it is reserved (even if the green dot does not appear so - screenshots 1. & 2. attached). I have restarted ArchiCAD, and my computer, and just tested again with no luck.
I have both projects open and with everything reserved, I am also the only person online at the time and the reservation dialogue shows no conflicts.

There was an interesting thing, however. If I select a master in the right pane, and then select a master in the left pane, the 'import' button becomes available, and when clicked, a dialogue says not much and hangs for a while before disappearing (screenshot also attached 3. & 4.).

I just can't tell if I'm not doing something right or if it is a GS issue.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, I will report this to GS.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you.

Typically, while us CAD monkeys are feeling fairly confident with everyday actions in ArchiCAD (our office moved to ArchiCAD about 6 months ago), the network and BIM server side of things is a slight mystery. There may be access rights I don't know about.
I'll check on our end and report back if I find anything out.
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Has anything developed on this issue? Trying to import Master Layouts from AC 18 to 19, I am having the same problems--and not using TW. Drag and drop does not work, nor does import. Never had the problem with previous version upgrades.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Well, I'm waffling between more annoyed and less. As it turns out, both the drag-and-drops AND the imports worked. However, neither showed the imported layouts in the AC 19 Organizer. I left the computer, came back some time later, and there they were--multiplied by three, matching the number of attempts I made.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)