Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

AC 19 Option for using the drag multiple copy command.

haidu_bogdan
Booster
I don't know if there are many people in my situation but since Archicad 19 there was a annoying change made with the drag multiple command. Yet it had it's support. Now when you use the drag a multiple copy command the original element remains selected too. Here is a quote explaining the reason of this change.

"This change was made by purpose in ARCHICAD 19. So by now, ARCHICAD does select the original elements too after Drag a Copy, Rotate a Copy and Mirror a Copy commands. This was a wish of a lot of users, who needed to make an Undo then a Redo to select the original elements too."

Yet, for my workstyle it's a downgrade. When I create new copies of an element and I wan' t to move / change them in a new place, I'm draging / changing the original element too, which most of the time I really don't wan't too.

My wish is too create an option to use this command in the same condition as was before as in Archicad 18,17,16.
Please support me if there are others who wan' t the drag multiple copy command not maintaining the original element too .
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
Don't forget to vote for your own poll.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
haidu_bogdan wrote:
"This change was made by purpose in ARCHICAD 19. So by now, ARCHICAD does select the original elements too after Drag a Copy, Rotate a Copy and Mirror a Copy commands. This was a wish of a lot of users, who needed to make an Undo then a Redo to select the original elements too."
For clarity, I am not seeing this behavior with the Drag a Copy etc. commands, it happens only with the Drag Multiple Copies etc. commands.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, this happens with the Drag Multiple Copies and Rotate Multiple Copies commands.
What I think the best would be for Graphisoft to give users the choice to a) keep the Original element selected, b) keep the copy or copies selected, or c) keep both the original and the copy (copies) selected.
This could be a trio of radio buttons or a pair of checkboxes ("keep original element selected" checkbox + "keep copies selected" checkbox) in the Work Environment Dialog and with this every user would be happy.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
abdelaziz
Expert
when in fact an undo the copy group does not return to the oregine
AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Often after copying I want to edit in some way those new instances. If I need original to be selected then I select it after command is done. If there is more than one element then I group them before copying so I can select them with just one click.
At least put the legacy mode for old users.
I just don't understand why graphisoft change "on purpose" stuff that work great.
What is more essential is to fix stairs not things that are working just fine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree - this change is very frustrating for longtime users of ArchiCAD. Please provide an option to turn this function off.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just upgraded from 18 to 20 and coming across this change for the first time!

This quirk is immensely frustrating and completely unnecessary, and adds an extra step to a workflow that was previously smooth and fast.

Please fix!!! (or give users the option to control the situation!!!)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree. Frustrating they change something that is so essential. If needed, they could add a radio button somewhere to turn this quirk on/off.