BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Copy/Mirror individual module elements

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very often I need to make adjustments in adjacent modules, and being able to simply copy or mirror existent elements from a module would very handy.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
I am not clear on what you want.
Are you are saying you want to adjust elements in a placed module instance so that it is different to other instances of the same module?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
My fault Barry.
I will rephrase it to make it more clear.
Actually, what I want is to be able to individually select element(s) from a module (groups off) and copy or mirror it/them (Of course loosing the link to the module). This way would avoid having to open the module just to copy some element or sets of elements.
AFAIK we can only copy/paste (ctrl+c / ctrl+v) in 2d. Don't know why can't we use regular copy/mirror/multiply module elements.
Does this make sense?
DGSketcher
Legend
Braza wrote:
AFAIK we can only copy/paste (ctrl+c / ctrl+v) in 2d. Don't know why can't we use regular copy/mirror/multiply module elements.
You can do those three operations to a module, but you can't do it to a sub-element. This probably has a lot to do with the current data structure for the management & handling of modules. From recent inquiries it seems that modules are treated as a special external reference not to be modified within the host without embedding them first.

You could always pull a copy of the module to one side of your drawing, embed the contents and delete the unwanted elements. The other method would be to "Edit the module in a separate ARCHICAD" and copy the elements from there to the host file. Neither are as quick as what you are requesting though. For now I guess it depends whether it is quicker just to draw what you need or extract the parts from the module.

P.S. Depending on your subscription status you may be able to gain access to the following document which may give you more insight to how GS expect modules to be used... Graphisoft Workflow Guide - Hotlink Management
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher wrote:
For now I guess it depends whether it is quicker just to draw what you need or extract the parts from the module.

This is my dilema. Sometimes it is faster to just copy/mirror/multiply a complex set of elements.
The weird thing is that you can actually copy/paste single/multiple elements from a module in 2d.
Learn and get certified!