BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Edit objects of different types at the same time

Anonymous
Not applicable
This would be great if I could select multiple drafting objecs like line, polyline, arc, spline, text and then modify colour, line type, layer simultanously- not by editing one object type by another.
I think this would add functionality and speed up the work.

Or anyone knows existing solution?
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
You already can. IT's called "Edit Selection Set". It's the button that looks like a Hammer that appears in your Info Box to the left of the Layer flyout when you have something selected.
Tom Waltz
Barry Kelly
TomWaltz wrote:
You already can. IT's called "Edit Selection Set". It's the button that looks like a Hammer that appears in your Info Box to the left of the Layer flyout when you have something selected.
"Edit selection Set" will allow you to change only the pen colour and layer of selected elements.
Anything else such as line type, materials, etc., you will have to change one element type at a time.
The lines, splines, arcs, polyline tools do also have a "Uniform Settings for Line Tools" option that will set all of these tools to the same line type, pen colour, layer, arrow heads etc., but this is just setting the tools for future lines.
It doesn't change all settings for existing lines.
If you use this do so with caution as it does not reset the default values for the tools when you turn it off.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
TomWaltz
Participant
Oh! then "Uniform settings for Line Tools" will get you part of the way, making line, polyline, spline, and arc all the same. (bot not all tools)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course, only those with obvious similarities
sorry for thick post and thanks

Jonasz
TomWaltz
Participant
It might just be my own pen sets, but text is always a different pen from lines, dimensions are set once in the template and never changed, wall pens are all set in the profiles/composites.... for me, lines are just about the only thing I'm ever changing the pen weights on.
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!