I'm facing again simple rendering problems in interior rendering and most of them are the big ones:
1. camera clipping planes - no, cutting planes don't do the job! Without clipping planes rendering small rooms is simply impossible. Without those all the rendering ability in Archicad doesn't make any sense in the matter of interiors.
2. DOF, shutter speed etc should be attached to the camera, not to the rendering settings. Changing those all the time is way to difficult, time consuming and generates mistakes.
3. Camera settings are strange, hidden and there is this camera pathway which should be easly turned off (does anyone really render videos in Archicad ?)
4. Loading textures from embeded library doesn't make sense (in most cases) - it is so much time consuming, makes project files heavy, doesn't allow for easy texture update, ughh...
5. Loading and using the same texture within one material for diffuse, bump and reflection mask should be done by drag&drop. Loading those one by one each time is way to much time consuming if there are more than 10 materials to set them properly.
6. Generally setting up materials is strange. There are to many options producing not enough effects with to much time to set up. (does anyone really use several layers of reflection in Archicad ?).
I mean by this removing from material setting words like : Beckmann, GGX, Phong, Ward, Specular – Blinn, Specular – Phong (Legacy), Lambertian, Oren-Nayar, Irwan etc ... or hide them deeply under "only for real-CG-geeks, please don't use unless you have spare time and like to master outdated rending options".
7. Though I have knowledge of using Vray, Corona, Cycles etc. settings of Cinerender rendering is still a question for me. Way to many options giving strange rendering effects and easily giving renderings times counted in hours instead of minutes. I don't know how to use is realiably.
I know Archicad is not a CG tool and no one expects it to be. But with some simple tweaks could be useful. Its just about simplifing the setup and making the setup less time consuming..... and clipping planes !