BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Slightly smarter 'Project Notes' Window

David Collins
Advocate
I've always thought the humble Project Notes window was a pretty useful feature. This isn't meant to be a word processor, so there's no need for a lot of bells and whistles, but I'd like to propose just a few tweaks to bring it out of the Stone Age:

- Word wrapping
- Optional date insertion, instead of an automatic date on every use
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
2 REPLIES 2
Durval
Enthusiast
Yes, it would be nice.
If you allow me to add some features, I think this window should also have some of the basic functions of a calendar application.
It should calculate/display the time a file is open. This would be nice for billing purposes.
Also, i'd appreciate a task list, where you could create tasks and assign labels to them, e.g. 'pending', 'completed', 'urgent', 'done' etc.
--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
I've always thought the humble Project Notes window was a pretty useful feature. This isn't meant to be a word processor, so there's no need for a lot of bells and whistles, but I'd like to propose just a few tweaks to bring it out of the Stone Age:

- Word wrapping
- Optional date insertion, instead of an automatic date on every use

I think the project notes window is an under used feature. I don't know how many users are even aware of it. I kind of like the automatic date insertion... makes the notes more valuable as an audit tool but wouldn't mind it being optional if the default were set so that time stamping was on.

I also like Durval's suggestions. Not sure if he also had alarms (reminders) in mind as part of a calendar function but that would also be useful.

Woody
Learn and get certified!