BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Solid Element Operations: Intersect With Offset

R Muller
Enthusiast
Would love to be able to do a SEO "intersect with offset" for adding curbs and sidewalks to a site mesh, fences that follow mesh contours, etc. Elements would automatically modify themselves if the mesh is modified.

For the target element, the command would be something like "intersect, then add 6" in the z-direction".

I would use this in making site models of hillside sites. It would avoid the need for duplicate meshes to elevate up and down, and would avoid the need to perform a second SEO operation to clean up the top surface of the intersection.

I can also imagine use for trim to follow free-form shells and roofs, etc.
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
3 REPLIES 3
PVBergkrantz
Expert
Developers, pleeeeeease make this happen! It would be such a huge boost to modeling both terrain and buildings, so many applications!
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

Anonymous
Not applicable
While this would be an improvement, I think it would still be an workaround the problem, specially for curbs and alike situations. We can't stay dependent on secondary operations and other tools to make a simple curb or street, we need a road tool urgently. I explain it better in this wish.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=62474
gdford
Advisor
The new railing tool makes a darn good curb and or curb & street. You can set coordinate survey control points at key locations and elevations and then connect the dots in 3D using the railing tool.... This is not a perfect solution, but it works better than using beams!!
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Learn and get certified!