Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

action/macros

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like Actions in Photoshop, simple and smart
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Can you give several examples that apply to work in ArchiCAD? For GS to implement such a thing, there must be lots of uses...

In Photoshop, I use actions a lot. I just don't see the parallel with work in ArchiCAD, so am not voting yet... 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my workflow i repeat a lot of steps several times, e.g.

final views: i convert them to 2D to fix things and add some "layout"
steps
mark tool
(action on)
ctrl-c
ctrl-v
ctrl-d
x 50+
search fillings (pen 245)
move layer -> shadows2d
search fillings
move layer -> fillings2d
search lines
move layer -> lines2d
(action off)

wouldn't it be nice just to use the mark to and play action "make 2d drawing", or maybe you want a wall/object/window move high=0,3m, change the material and maybe an other parameter and you have to do it 20 times in your project.

things like that - it can imagine a lot of routines i do 5-50 times , with an easy "macro-recorder" it would be fun
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are a lot of uses for that exactly like in Photoshop because we all use Archicad for different things and in different ways. I know the main idea with Archicad is that all the process shall be optimized by a standard way of working.
But I think that is wrong, the strength of AC is that you can work in a free way even if that is not good for the process.
That is why such actions would be very much needed, (even if the best would be script possibilities IMHO).
And when Karl asks for an example it is difficult because it is something which sounds idiot as it is only you who need this peculiar function.
The thing is AC needs tools to let us optimize our own process, not only the process everybody should use.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!