Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Level Dimension - reference level

Gary Lawes
Participant
It would be exceedingly useful to be able to set the Level dimensions to reference levels in the same way that elevation dimensions can be with the main dimension tool.

The standard requirement for Site levels is to relate them to a national or local datum (sea level for example). Currently this is only possible by elevating the whole project accordingly, which makes for a tricky working method and for compatibility issues with Artlantis. Being able to use reference levels in the Level dimension tool would overcome these issues.
AC 17
Windows 7 Pro
Intel i7-2600
16GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Gary wrote:
Currently this is only possible by elevating the whole project accordingly, ...
Not to undermine your wish (which is a good one), but it is possible to select just the text of the Level Dimension(s) and use the AutoText feature to automatically use the other Reference Levels. What would be helpful is if the Reference Level could be selected before placing the Level Dimension.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Gary Lawes
Participant
David you are a star, thank you for that, had never noticed it there. But as you say should be built into the tool, which surely can't be difficult.

Cheers
AC 17
Windows 7 Pro
Intel i7-2600
16GB RAM