BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

CLIENT NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SERVER?

archigreen
Enthusiast
How can I update my BIM SERVER MANAGER 14 in my client machine to be compatible with my server?

Thanks
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
10 REPLIES 10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Easy - just run the same hotfix on your client computer ( the one you use ArchiCAD on). In fact all ArchiCADs connecting to your BIM Server must be on the same build number.

If your BIM Server and client computer are one and the same just continue the the installation prompts.

Cheers,
Link.
archigreen
Enthusiast
"Link" wrote:
Easy - just run the same hotfix on your client computer ( the one you use ArchiCAD on). In fact all ArchiCADs connecting to your BIM Server must be on the same build number."

I've been trying to do so but it doesn't work. It doesn't find the "BIM Server Manager" on my client computer even though it is on its place and I didn't change the name.

Any more ideas
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Can you please upload a screenshot of the dialog that indicates the hotfix has not found the BIM Server Manager?

Cheers,
Link.
archigreen
Enthusiast
"Can you please upload a screenshot of the dialog that indicates the hotfix has not found the BIM Server Manager?"
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Possibly the BIM Server Manager was not installed in the first place.
The BIM Server Manager is a separate application.
On the machine of the BIM Server, the BIM Server Manager is not needed since you can enter it from the BIM Server Control Center.
On other machine from where the BIM Manager might possibly want to administer the BIM Server, he can install the BIM Server Manager application.

Is there an option at the beginning of the hotfix installation where you can select which components to upgrade?

If this does not resolve it, then you can install the BIM Server Manager and then run the hotfix and then it will find it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
archigreen
Enthusiast
"Possibly the BIM Server Manager was not installed in the first place."
"If this does not resolve it, then you can install the BIM Server Manager and then run the hotfix and then it will find it."

The BIM Server Manager is already installed on my client machine.

I tried uninstalling and installing again but doesn't work!

Before the Java Hot fix The BIM Server Manger was working fine on my client computer until I couldn't publish PDF's on AC13 so I run the Hot Fix & now I can publish but The BIM Server Manager is not updated. I just can't run this hot fix
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
Eduardo Rolon
To clear things up.

The screenshot is for AC14 Bim Server, you indicate that you have AC13 in your latest post. AFAIK you cannot update a AC13 Bim Server with the AC14 update. Are you sure that the BIMs you have installed is the AC14 one?

If that is not the case.

Please Read "Migrating the BIM Server (Version 13 to Version 14)" page 81 of AC14 Reference Guide
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

archigreen
Enthusiast
" Are you sure that the BIMs you have installed is the AC14 one?

If that is not the case."

That is not the case.

Of course I did run the AC13 hot fix on my AC13 Applications as well as the AC14 hot fix on my AC14 Applications.

Any more Ideas?
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
archigreen,

The screenshot indicates that you are trying to install the Java update for the BIM Server Manager. You don't have to do this. The java problem only affects ArchiCAD, and you only have to install it for ArchiCAD. I know that the installer is misleading in this regard, as it lets you browse for the BIM server Manager too. The Java patch is not a full Hotfix, it just fixes one specific problem, and can only be applied to ArchiCAD, and only on build 3269

However, your other screenshot indicates that your BIM Server Manager is build 3004. So you do have to install the "reagular" 3269 Hotfix for the BIM Server Manager.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!