Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Purge layers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if there is a purge option in Archicad to delete layers that are not been in use, (like in Autocad).

Thanks for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon

Still in the same place as the last 10+ versions and for a change very nicely labeled.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 2.31.04 PM.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Go to Options>Element Attributes>Attribute Manager

Under the Layers tab you can see what layers you've used in the project and which are empty. There is a button at the bottom that will let you purge your unused layers.
Ron
Booster

the purge option does not seem to exist anymore in Archicad 25 unless  its another one of their useless icons that are meaningless to their function

Solution
Eduardo Rolon

Still in the same place as the last 10+ versions and for a change very nicely labeled.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 2.31.04 PM.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

interesting I'm using the Archicad 26 version 4022 USA FULL  it is completely different and now just called attributes. see my attached attribute manager first pdf, it is now concealed under a mouse click see second pdf. I had to go to another source to find out where they hid it. Archicad must be getting paid to make it harder to use

Been using Archicad since 4.1 in 1992

Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 1.57.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-09 at 1.58.07 PM.png

The new Attribute Palette is different to the old Attribute Manager.

You can still have both if you add them in your work environment.

With the new palette, you have to select your attributes and right click as you have discovered.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon

In the original post you wrote 25 but in 26 it is a mess with the new backwards/stupid attributes. At least we were able to make GS include the original AttMan if not we would really be in trouble. The work GS spent on the "new" Attributes is as worthless as the amount of work they have wasted on SAF/SAM.

What I did was switch back the original AttMan shortcut to it so I don't see the abominable Attributes.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

How do I switch back to the old attribute? 

Eduardo Rolon

It is there under options on the basic 26 WE so you don't need to switch, just open it instead of the one called Attributes.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 11.56.36 AM.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Mine does not look like that see attached

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.00.34 AM.png