Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Full Unicode Text Compatible Interface…

Anonymous
Not applicable
My wish is to have fully unicode text compatible interface.
At the moment I'm not able to write anything in armenian language for example.
The same with GDL Objects.
6 REPLIES 6
Archicad itself is UNICODE...in therms of text inside project, as for the application itself there is FontScriptCode variable (look on the Archicadwiki)
but...
Archicad WAS unicode in therms of GDL - the last version that was possible to use non standard script was version 10 (excluding the last or the last 2 updates) than something strange hapened so it is impossible to select eg.Western fonts while being on CentralEasternEurope script set by above variable. And it is a BIG drawback!!!!!!!! - that's why I am voting esential.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piotr wrote:
Archicad itself is UNICODE...in therms of text inside project, as for the application itself there is FontScriptCode variable (look on the Archicadwiki)
but...
I know about font script codes and I'm using code 204 for both cyrillic and english.
But the thing is that as user you never thing about script for example in MsOffice. I'm able to write anything in any language, anywhere inside of MsWord or MsExcell Applications. Only that I need is to choose right unicode font.

So why I can't right in armenian language for example in ID field's of ArchiCAD's Interface?

The only workaround that I found, was creating new font under english language, but with foreign charachters and typing text using phonetic method.
Zohrab wrote:
So why I can't right in armenian language for example in ID field's of ArchiCAD's Interface?

The only workaround that I found, was creating new font under english language, but with foreign charachters and typing text using phonetic method.
You are right...never thought about ID fileld - (it may be something about GDLs being nonUnicode...or deeper ...

Of course it would be good if no "fontScriptCode" was needed, and AC was "universal" in therms of UNICODE...hopefull sometime....

For me the non-UNICODE inside GDL is much more painfull (eg squre symbol (2) cannot bi typed in inside GDL, as well as "fi" slashed o cannot be typed in inside GDL - while using nonWestern fontScriptCode.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piotr wrote:
For me the non-UNICODE inside GDL is much more painfull (eg squre symbol (2) cannot bi typed in inside GDL, as well as "fi" slashed o cannot be typed in inside GDL - while using nonWestern fontScriptCode.
I Agree with you, Piotr!
Just a workaround tip for you relative to "squre symbol". Use DEFINE STYLE {2} with face_code 32 and square symbol "2" will be shown as superscript.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piotr wrote:
Quote from archicadwiki:
ArchiCAD (from version 9) supports the Unicode standard, therefore you can type text in any language without changing the Font Script Code. However, this applies only to the Text Tool, and does not apply to attribute names (e.g. layers) or Library Part parameter names
Not in vain Zohrab wrote: "Full Unicode Text Compatible Interface"
There are 3 Wishes support for UNICODE
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=3785
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=7834
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=20006
But everything is in place.

I want to UNICODE in the Library Part and attribute names. Attribute names (layers and materials) in Cyrillic script, passing in other programs (3D-modeling and rendering), often no longer be readable.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also worked a lot problemoi, insert the Georgian font but so far, archicad 12, archicad 13 they do not want to read. If you fix our problem then users will be much more. Is it so difficult?.