Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Trace and Reference to be available in the Profile Editor

4hotshoes
Advisor
Wish: To allow Trace & Reference to be used in the Profile editor window. Then it would be much easier to build profiles that fill in transitions of floors/Walls, Walls to roof and many other uses. Otherwise I have to measure and re-draw a mock 2D image of the conditions that are already drawn.

I use the Profile manager/editor a lot. This one feature would be an amazing help to accurate work flow.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
4hotshoes wrote:
Otherwise I have to measure and re-draw a mock 2D image of the conditions that are already drawn.

You can draw the fills in your sections/elevations and then cut and paste them to the profile editor.
Or create a new detail/worksheet and add the trace reference to that and draw the fills.
That way you won't accidentally leave any fills in the section.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we had a similar wish in our Wish List database (please refer to it as #11145). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT