BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Using Wish Section

Karl Ottenstein
To everyone using 8.1 or earlier: No offense, and do as you please of course, but it sure would keep the wishlist cleaner if you don't make wishes until you've asked on a normal forum if the feature exists yet in the current release. It is possible to fill the wishlist forums with wishes that have already been granted.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
3 REPLIES 3
Balazs Simonyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Karl wrote:
To everyone using 8.1 or earlier: No offense, and do as you please of course, but it sure would keep the wishlist cleaner if you don't make wishes until you've asked on a normal forum if the feature exists yet in the current release. It is possible to fill the wishlist forums with wishes that have already been granted.

Karl
I agree.
Thanks Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wholeheartedly agree, and would add that people should refrain from posting wishes unless they are SURE that the requested feature is not available even if they are using the latest version. I have seen some wishes posted by people who did not know the program well enough to realize that what they wanted to do was already possible.

One other request is that anyone who creates a new wish topic please try to make the exact nature of the wish as clear as possible so we know what we are voting on. I understand that this will vary according to people's english skills, but I am sure we native speakers will continue to help out with clarification.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why not create a tracking system of a wish?...
Where the user who have created a wish receives periodically (say every month for over 6 months) a notification to maintain or not his/her wish...
If the creator of the wish doesn't answer the first notification then the system send a notification for the first voter...
if the first voter doesn't answer it sends the same notification for the second voter... and so on...
If nobody answers to the notifications then the wish is deleted.
Don't know if its feasible... Just an idea...
Learn and get certified!