BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

AC27 wishlist

graan
Booster

Now that AC26 has almost arrived, perhaps we can already gather some wishes for AC27.
Again, wise to keep it short, and only name your top 3 with the highest priority.
Focus on what you want to contribute and don't react to what others submit worked well last time too.

107 REPLIES 107
Tim Ball
Expert

We can already schedule a 2D view, 3D view and an image of objects.

It would be good to have the same options for every element type.

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5

... and a reliable way to annotate with BIM data, where annotations don't just disappear without warning.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

@Tim Ball wrote:

We can already schedule a 2D view, 3D view and an image of objects.

It would be good to have the same options for every element type.

Definitely.  I believe there is a 20 year old wish from @vfrontiers to be able to schedule 2D elements (e.g., fills with areas).

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Actually, I have scheduled 2D filled and displayed their areas. But I had to place them on a layer "Gross-Area" and it could be sorted by story. It was the only fill on that layer so it would find it and display the area in a schedule and calculate the total. Unfortunately, I don't have an example to show. But it is a work around since Zones don't do well when stacked.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
manuno
Contributor

If there is one only improvement that Archicad 27 MUST have, it is to be able to edit each layer of a composite (wall, slab...) independently: - for renovation (demolished status for single or multiple layers) - but also and above all because each layer of a composite has a different area ! By extension, this must be able to allow, like the visualization limited to the structure, to be able to visualize: - the thermal envelope alone - airtightness alone. These possibilities have been requested for so long... In any case, I sincerely hope that we will have a real new version, which will erase the big disappointments of versions 26,25 and 24... 

I have heard a rumor that placing individual skins of walls and slabs on individual renovation status has been put on the list of future development. I have no idea if that is even true or when it might happen. But with 26, there was a major rewrite of code for attributes, so it may be sooner than later. I do a lot of remodeling projects, and this would be a very nice option. We can only hope.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
clints
Booster

1. Fix my mouse cursor not working every so often and having to go to a different window and back again. 

2. Fix the cabinets. It should not be so hard to get pulls / knobs in the right place and you shouldn't have to move them again anytime you change the size of the cabinet. 

3. Expand upon Door and Casing Trims. Some of it is very close, but to be able to use a profile or have more options would be great, instead of having make them at every opening. 

ArchiCad 27 | Mac Studio 2023 w/ 27" mac monitor | M2 Ultra | 64 GB | Sonoma 14.2.1 | Indiana

Re: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Documentation/Level-Dimension-Custom-Text-and-Reference-Level-fo...

There is a need for the Level Dimension Tool (or accordingly designed Elevation label) to have a parameter to automaticaly show sea level rather than subsequently selecting dimension text and changing the settings - very tedious work on larger projects, for automatic site levels dimensioning - so it can be saved as favorite!

Regards!

AC25-27 Win10 | Xeon Gold 5122 | 96GB | Quadro P5000
href="https://www.delavnica.eu"
Learn and get certified!