Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Temporarily block selection for edition

jl_lt
Ace

Hi! many times a day it happens that i select something  and just when i try to double click on it or edit its nodes i end up selecting a completetly diferent object (zone, seccion line, slab, you name it) and have to repeat until i correctly click on that object and are able to edit it.  Its a total rythm breaker.

I would like a way to temporarily mantain what you have already selected so you can click on said object, nodes or edges without selecting anything else.   For example, you select a text, then hit this temporaty key (like ctrl+something) and no matter where you click, your selection will be ready for double click action or whatever edition it might need, without worrying accidentally unselecting it or selecting something else.   Thanks

Operating system used: Windows 10. but i do my best to block any kind of windows updates.

4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru

You would think that in a program with double click functionality, that if a user clicks on something, does not move their mouse and immidately clicks again that it would know that the user is trying to utilise the double click function...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Damijan G
Booster

To add on the idea - an interesting concept regarding this issue is the "Isolate" function known in Adobe products, primarily to work within the grouped elements selection. After selecting a Group or a Selection (could be done as a named Selection set via Find & Select for complex selections sets) the "Isolate" function would lock everything else for editing and Selection would only be possible amongst the "Unlocked" elements. Exiting "Isolation Mode" releases all locked elements.

AC25-27 Win10 | Xeon Gold 5122 | 96GB | Quadro P5000
href="https://www.delavnica.eu"

Maybe an option to select elements then press F2, like we can do in 3D?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Its really frustrating to see something like that implemented but limited to design options (edit default only) rather than for proper groups/systems, layers or, as you suggest, selections. Would be an enormous productivity boost.

Setup info provided by author