BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

combining /recombining similiar elements

Haneef Tayob
Booster
this ones probably been covered, but I'm nevertheless repeating it incase its forgotten.

I would like to see an option where one can combine similar element to become 1 element, especially slabs and meshes.

I feel that this will be useful, especially when one has had to split up elements at some stage, but then have to combine them as one.

The workaround has been to use the magic wand or add to the slab and then delete the old, but you lose certain dimension with this method. The reason for not preferring the 'grouping' in this case is that slabs which have been split show the lines where they were originally split.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Haneef wrote:
[...I would like to see an option where one can combine similar element to become 1 element, especially slabs and meshes. .
Many times I have wished to combine two wall segments into one continuous wall. The note about losing dimensions is a valid concern. You may not notice this at the time you are modifying the elements.
Learn and get certified!